Iowa State has sold only 11,000 tickets

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Can you give me the Cliff Notes version...I haven't been following the whole thread? Not trying to be an ***...

Yes, condensed version is:

If you have the means, go to the ISU/KSU game in KC. Don't ***** about the loss of a home game, price, travel, lodging etc. Just go support ISU football.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
is the 11,000 ticket count the number of tickets sold from the ISU ticket office? I imagine a lot of people have bought their tickets through ticket master, as the link on the Arrowhead Stadium website takes you there. There will be far more than 11,000 ISU fans.
11,000 only counts those who bought through the ISU ticket office. Does not include ticketmaster or Arrowhead ticket office sales.

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007
I just read this entire thread. I think I am stupider than the people arguing in this thread.

outcydethebox

Aug 27, 2009
I made a few points to my husband this morning I thought I would share on this matter:

1. How many people commute to ISU games in Ames? If all of us stopped driving the distance to those games what would it do to the attendance? This is one game for most of you to have to go the distance!

2. People are creatures of habit. This year and next football fans in KC get the chance to see an ISU/KSU game. What happens the year after it is over? Maybe these fans think about going to see them play in Ames? I speak from experience here. My family and I are Boston Bruins fans. We did see the neutral site preseason Kings/Blues game here last year. Now we follow what is going on with the Kings because we wont go to California, and we have been to STL a few times to see the Blues. It happens. Don't we want more revenue in the long run folks?

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Do you really not understand that some people have more important things in their lives than ISU football? It's not just about driving an extra 3 hours to the game.

Some fans have the ability to travel anywhere, anytime to watch an ISU game. Good for them. Some of us don't have that luxury, and we don't need the fan police coming on here telling us how we should be supporting our alma mater.[/QUOTE]

What support would that be?

Let me type this slowly so that you can understand.

The thread is about football. One game in particular, the ISU / KSU game in KC. It is a very important game for ISU. It is likely that if ISU loses, we won't go to a bowl which is typically a big goal for B12 football teams (it means extra revenue, practice time, game experience and generally exposure for the University).

If, as a fanbase, we cannot make an impressive showing in KC (which is basically our back yard) what does this say about football as a priority for us? Now, if you're unable to make it from the Carolinas that is understandable, but, if you live anywhere in Iowa and have had this long to plan for the game and you call yourself an ISU football fan, your *** should be at this game.

If you're not an ISU football fan, by all means, disregard this post.

Somtimes I wish we could still give out negative reps..This is so wrong on so many levels it isn't even funny.

To tie being a fan to attending one game is laughable.

Last edited:

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Mods would someone close this thread......... If you wanna go to the game go. If not thats your right dont go, Im not going and that doesnt make me any less of a fan

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
What about the businesses in town that suffer? What about the EXPOSURE for Ames and Iowa State on tv and such? Screw Arrowhead.

Would we have been on tv on november 28 in ames? Who knows. Would we really want to showcase the 5 fans who were there at that game, or the frozen, empty ISU campus? Probably not.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Would we have been on tv on november 28 in ames? Who knows. Would we really want to showcase the 5 fans who were there at that game, or the frozen, empty ISU campus? Probably not.

Since we're throwing out attendance numbers, remember that our home season-ending game against Mizzou on Nov. 15 last year drew 46,000...

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
What about the businesses in town that suffer? What about the EXPOSURE for Ames and Iowa State on tv and such? Screw Arrowhead.

+1! Gee, what a concept! I'm glad you, and a few others here, get it.

How many home games did we have last year? Ok, how many this year? Oh, the same number? Sorry!

Are those business making up the $800,000ish difference in profit? Are they even getting close? Nope! If there are businesses suffering, they shouldn't be in business anyways! People who give a crap know Iowa State is in Ames. What about the exposure to Iowa State football for Kansas City? That's a potential market to pull a few new season ticket holders from for the next 2 years.

Please Tornado man, PLEASE present a case which the positives of Ames and Manhatten next year outweigh the positives of Kansas City for 2 years. You've failed so far but your pathetic attempt at coming up with new excuses is humorous as soon as each BS excuse gets shot down.

Since we're throwing out attendance numbers, remember that our home season-ending game against Mizzou on Nov. 15 last year drew 46,000...

You are seriously comparing a Missouri team with NFL talent and a top 25 ranking to Kansas State? Seriously? :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Reactions: Bobber

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

your an idiot if you dont think we would have a good crowd no matter what the date, the team were playing, or our record. I think we have shown that even over the last two years

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Somtimes I wish we could still give out negative reps..This is so wrong on so many levels it isn't even funny.

To tie being a fan to attending one game is laughable.

Wait, I thought yo said it wasn't funny?

Yeah, that's right. If you have the means, and are able, and call yourself an ISU fan you should be at this game. What's hard to understand about that? Not a lot of levels here; you are a fan or not. Not going becasue you're upset over it being away from Ames, or that you'll hurt local businesses feelings doesn't cut it. It's pretty simple,well, for everyone else anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
Mods would someone close this thread......... If you wanna go to the game go. If not thats your right dont go, Im not going and that doesnt make me any less of a fan

Aaron disagrees with you. Better get him back out on greens work.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Please Tornado man, PLEASE present a case which the positives of Ames and Manhatten next year outweigh the positives of Kansas City for 2 years. You've failed so far but your pathetic attempt at coming up with new excuses is humorous as soon as each BS excuse gets shot down.

:biglaugh::notworthy::biglaugh::notworthy::biglaugh:

Help Support Us

Become a patron