Official UT postgame thread

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Our O-line may have gotten a bit better but are average - at best - in P5 conference.

Overall, this is a young team. They were good enough to raise our expectations but not quite up there with the programs that routinely bring in 4 and 5-star recruits.
Agree to ever get to a true Championship contender our OL has to get WAY better. Hopefully it eventually will be with the guys we currently have playing but I'm worried it might not happen till we get better recruits in those spots which unfortunately OL's take a good bit of time to groom.

Yes this is a young team but I'm worried what's going to happen when Montgomery & Butler leave (guessing after this season). At ISU usually just don't replace guys like that right away. Those are different type of dudes.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Kansas State scares the hell out of me strong OL grinds it out with a good defense, they looked pretty good today. Baylor kind of showed how you beat ISU run the ball and short dump offs with some QB runs thrown in for good measure.
I'm worried K-State is going to time of possession us to death. Worried offense not going to have as many drives as normal.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I just want to beat the brakes off K-State. Give Snyder an early funeral

I want to beat the brakes off them too. But we don't have the offense to beat the brakes off anybody. Not with Purdy, not with Kempt, with or without Montgomery...we are a ball control offense. Our most dominant win this season was against WVU and we still only beat them by 16. We have the personnel at the skill positions. We just need coaches to put our guys in position to succeed, and offensively this season that hasn't happened a ton. Oh, and our O-line is a massive black hole.

• Agree
Reactions: JBone84

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Agree to ever get to a true Championship contender our OL has to get WAY better. Hopefully it eventually will be with the guys we currently have playing but I'm worried it might not happen till we get better recruits in those spots which unfortunately OL's take a good bit of time to groom.

Yes this is a young team but I'm worried what's going to happen when Montgomery & Butler leave (guessing after this season). At ISU usually just don't replace guys like that right away. Those are different type of dudes.

yes, the OL is the worst in the conference, and it isn't really close. DM has the ability to mask a lot of it, but you saw what we were like without him for a half. Need to find a way to make that unit get to the level of everything else.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
yep. Do not understand why all the plays are designed to roll out to the left. Impossible for most QB's to throw going to their left. Yep, Montgomery's not playing changed the whole perspective of the game.

I’m wondering if the defense was trying to flush him that way? It was odd and obviously not the optimal way to roll if you want to throw effectively.

• Agree
Reactions: BoxsterCy and Doc

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
If you fall in love with the process, eventually the process will love you back.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
yes, the OL is the worst in the conference, and it isn't really close. DM has the ability to mask a lot of it, but you saw what we were like without him for a half. Need to find a way to make that unit get to the level of everything else.
Yep, DM's running and Purdy's scrambling (prior to tonight) has made that OL look decent when in reality it really isn't.

Cyclone46

May 14, 2009
Charleston, SC
a few thoughts.
1. It was brutal watching that game on LHN. Like lemon juice in a wound. Please #neveragain
2. Montgomery being out made a bigger difference that I hoped it would
3. Our tackling was the worst I have seen in a very long time...truly awful.
4. The sun will rise tomorrow and we could potentially win three more games and stay in the top 25 by the end of the year.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Kansas State scares the hell out of me strong OL grinds it out with a good defense, they looked pretty good today. Baylor kind of showed how you beat ISU run the ball and short dump offs with some QB runs thrown in for good measure.

K State would have scared me more had we won. I’m quite sure our guys will be fired up for this one.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth