Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Hy-Vee just switched over to Pfizer from J&J for our vaccine clinic at work tomorrow. Was looking forward to being one and done.

Chuckle. We really would have missed you, too. Bad joke, I know. I'm sorry.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Weird that other peeps are saying nothing was checked or asked. I got mine at the big gov setup center at the convention center and they were checking temps. For the first shot they also had a bunch of health related questions including if you have had another vaccine within 14 days (like flu, shingles, hep etc).

Using CVS at Target, I clicked on a link in a text to check in. That's it.

Reactions: Macloney

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Seeing there are articles about third shots to cover variants, if reactions keep getting worse per shot, wonder what #3s will be like.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Moderna #1 was okay on Day 1, really sore arm for Day #2. Day #3 was better. Day#4 was normal.

I was talked to someone who had a bad reaction to Moderna #2, with a rash sort of thing on various parts of the body. Prednisone took care of it, after a doctor's visit.

Reactions: isutrevman

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Seeing there are articles about third shots to cover variants, if reactions keep getting worse per shot, wonder what #3s will be like.

Now that I've had both my Moderna shots, and still haven't quite bounced back from a stronger reaction to my second shot than I expected, I'm also thinking about what future boosters look like - whether reactions will be as strong for future shots, whether we can switch brands, etc.

I'm sure I'd still get future shots but I can't lie, it would be a real drag to have this kind of reaction once a year.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

I get that they are trying to remind/scare younger people that they are not invulnerable yet. But that is sort of good news, in that it means the elderly probably almost all have got their shots and thus are not needing hospitalization. I mean, the whole goal was to get the most vulnerable out of harms way first.

Charts showing vacc rate and hospitalization rates by age groups over time would be really informative. Is it working?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I can't imagine getting a vaccine and doing so little research that I didn't know there was a small negative reaction possibility. That information has just been out there and is so easy to find. I got my vaccine, and I'm all for it but jeez, I did a little bit of reading on it first.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I get that they are trying to remind/scare younger people that they are not invulnerable yet. But that is sort of good news, in that it means the elderly probably almost all have got their shots and thus are not needing hospitalization. I mean, the whole goal was to get the most vulnerable out of harms way first.

Charts showing vacc rate and hospitalization rates by age groups over time would be really informative. Is it working?
It would be good news if hospitalizations weren't increasing. It shows young people aren't invulnerable and that the vaccine works. This isn't just something that affects 65 +.

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021
It's a question I've never seen answered. Continue to bury your head in the sand if you want. I'm sure it will never become a problem again.

Agree, the vaccines are incredibly good news.
Gee, why don't you pose your question in the thread designed for such discussion? Yeah. We know why.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Now that I've had both my Moderna shots, and still haven't quite bounced back from a stronger reaction to my second shot than I expected, I'm also thinking about what future boosters look like - whether reactions will be as strong for future shots, whether we can switch brands, etc.

I'm sure I'd still get future shots but I can't lie, it would be a real drag to have this kind of reaction once a year.

I get this. But people get sick. Is it any different than getting a bad cold or stomach flu?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I switched my J&J appointment to what ended up being a Moderna appointment and was able to get in yesterday (4 days earlier than J&J appointment) although they told me while my county facilities allowed all ages on April 13 this privately operated facility wasn't supposed to let me have vaccine until April 15. Gave it to me anyway.

A little torn because I realize that 8 cases of non-fatal blood clots in 7 million doses among women is not statistically significant, especially for a man. I guess I gave into the pressure. More than anything I just want to be on the other side of it.

No side affects from first dose 24 hours later.

Hope somehow the J&J thing doesn't slow overall vaccinations because seems it would be a net loss of life.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron