Denver, CO
69578303.jpg

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
It has to be tough to have had so much confidence in your leadership and have found 9 years of stability after the league was pronounced dead, literally have the best season in school history and looking at topping that, and this comes out of nowhere. I don’t blame Bowlsby. Not expanding was absolutely the right call in 2016. There’s really nothing the other schools could have done to prevent UT and OU from doing this.

The more I think about it, the more of a **** move this is from OU/Texas. I get you have to look out for yourself but this is basically a guy walking out on his wife of a decade+ and publicly flaunting his new GF who he’s been dating recently. AND while staying married for a few years.

At a minimum, doing this all behind everyone’s back is shady as hell.

Reactions: DSM4Cy

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Some of you need to calm down… trying your hardest to decipher a little video.
“Jamie blinked twice when he said Texas… does that mean we are going D2??”
“Wendy shifted her weight when JP said OU… I’m pretty sure thats a hint that we are going to the SEC…”

Stop over analyzing and just drink a beer.
I played it backwards. It was extremely revealing. There is even sign language telling us the possible outcomes when you do that.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Guy has big ten and pac 12 connections. Was an AD in both. Trying to butter him up most likely.
Bowlsby is a lifer in college athletics. He knows everyone and is generally well respected. Pollard has been in the business forever too and knows him very well. His comments were probably sincere. I'm guessing he genuinely feels bad for Bowlsby and wanted to say something in support of him publicly.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
When all your donors are upset, you can either respond to them individually, or this way. But you respond.

JP says this will take awhile, so I assume this means nobody in B1G or PAC is feeling like doing something until they know more about what the landscape will look like. That said, I know he and Dr. WIntersteen will do everything they can do.
Yeah "Everyone contacting Him" he had to get out and do this. You can only guess how his email and phone has been blowing up....and being chased around the lake all weekend too.
Personally I dont know what telling JP in this situation from a fans perspective would do, its not like he doesnt know what everyone is thinking from our end. But some people just gotta. LOL

cyphoon

Sep 8, 2011
[Bowlsby] has big ten and pac 12 connections. Was an AD in both. Trying to butter him up most likely.

Exactly. Bowlsby dropped the ball on this, and is a former Hok stooge, but what good does it do to throw him under the bus publicly? Yeah, it would be therapeutic AF ... so what. The man has connections. Maybe one of those connections will pay a dividend down the road.

H

J Mast

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 14, 2017
Not sure if serious, but you do know they essentially turned the keys of B1G football over to him, right?
I think he means that Wisconsin could be a destination for Pollard. But they already hired an AD.

• Informative
Reactions: NorthCyd

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Well, if Texas and Oklahoma can throw out disingenuous statements, so can we. I don't believe he believes that anymore than Texas and Oklahoma believe all these teams will wait four years to collect that money from them.

Reactions: Mr.G.Spot

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Neither one is good reading from a teleprompter, especially making sure they didn't say to much or too little (no going off script or adlibs allowed), but patting each other on the back to give us confidence in leadership as alums see a crisis at their University. And also, can't reveal or don't have yet a solution to the crisis. I would say the latter.
The script very well may have been lawyer written, which is why it sounded so awkward at times.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
This was 100% directed at the Traitors. There’s huge $ at stake here and the 8 need to squeeze everything they can get. Don’t rule out some kind of tortious interference claim against the SEC as well. Slinking around in the background, manipulating events and trying to cause contracts to be prematurely canceled makes for a strong claim by those injured.

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
We're the crazy little 8. We ain't got no future and we're so desperate we'll make you (Texas and OU) travel to all of our venues and play our crappy little teams. We'll "horns down" your players and boo your cheerleaders so pay up and gtfo! We're just crazy enough to do this for 4 long.....painful.... awkward years.

cyclonemagic

Nov 26, 2006
Texas
yeah, everyone needs to hold on, force ut and ou to pay up if they want out now, then everyone can go their own way…it’s all about getting money from ut and ou…they are expecting everyone to panic, if the 8 can hold together and outlast them we get a final payout

this was bs, but the right message

ou and ut can’t stay 4 years, their programs would be destroyed by then, so pay up fellas

It would be great if the other schools put out the same message. TX and OU would s**t in the pants because this is not their plan despite what they say in their press release.