Wendy Wintersteen & Jamie Pollard Address the Fans

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I am not an attorney, but I have been involved in two tortious interference cases - one on each side of the table. I would think a tortious interference case would be highly effective in slowing things down and striking fear in the SEC and OU and UT. Can u imagine email discovery and depositions??? It would be fascinating. In the end, from the big 12's perspective, it is about buying time and legally inflicting as much pain as possible against these two pussies.

It has been said many times here - I actually think if they were honest and open on their desires, the big12 would have worked thru it and planned for whatever plan B is.

The way they handled this process.......make it as painful as possible for the traitors. That was the beauty of Jamie's and Wendy's response.

I'm not either.....but you don't need to be in this case when one side has all the money in the world. Ever gone up against the government in a clear cut case of them being wrong and then they paper trail you do death? You can discover and depose all you want..........in the end they are gone. What are we going to find out in their secret memo's.......they think JP is a pud? Yeah......let's get em in court for that!

Only one of two things will happen. One.......it all plays out until 2025. Or two......this year is it.....and they pay a chunk of change in penalties to the remaining members for leaving early. My play is they pay a chunk of change and laugh as the screen door hits them on the way out. They are all but prepared for this. If what JP and WW did was make a play for the cash because hey.....we aren't breaking up...then congrats, ISU will get it's payday in the short run. But then there is this thing called football? What take the cash and have a "wink, wink" by the Big Ten as soon as you get your payday........"come on in, the water is warm"? Because that is the only way I see ISU breaking even with this fiasco.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclones1969

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Go ahead and give her a break then. A university president should be more confident and commanding than that. That's what a leader is for.
In way over her head - as many people who know her best have said from day 1.
Teleprompter was running to slow for her also, ISU media needs to step up its game! Also could not adlib, as major legal issues are at stake,

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
I'm not really concerned about this situation at all. I think Jamie has it under control and the $20,000,000 hanging out there would sure help offset the covid losses. Or pay our way into the BIG.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
If you were auditioning for another conference, would you want to come off as whiny/bitter or a cool calm and collected dude that's good to work with.

Example: Even tho the Commissioner fell a sleep at the wheel, nothing but platitudes for the guy. See that NEW Commissioner, I'm cool even when you screw the pooch, everything's cool man.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm not either.....but you don't need to be in this case when one side has all the money in the world. Ever gone up against the government in a clear cut case of them being wrong and then they paper trail you do death? You can discover and depose all you want..........in the end they are gone. What are we going to find out in their secret memo's.......they think JP is a pud? Yeah......let's get em in court for that!

Only one of two things will happen. One.......it all plays out until 2025. Or two......this year is it.....and they pay a chunk of change in penalties to the remaining members for leaving early. My play is they pay a chunk of change and laugh as the screen door hits them on the way out. They are all but prepared for this. If what JP and WW did was make a play for the cash because hey.....we aren't breaking up...then congrats, ISU will get it's payday in the short run. But then there is this thing called football? What take the cash and have a "wink, wink" by the Big Ten as soon as you get your payday........"come on in, the water is warm"? Because that is the only way I see ISU breaking even with this fiasco.
I wouldn’t take what they said at face value. Jamie and Wendy’s plan isn’t a simple pay day. They understand there’s far more to this, but can only say so much at this time. If there’s anyone who knows how important football is it’s Jamie right now.

And “breaking even” is likely not going to happen for some time as we will be taking less $ for joining either the Big 10, Pac 12 or some form of it.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
ISU's future depends on 2 very important people ( and we are damn lucky to have them)... JP and CMC.

Short term: Pollard will navigate us thru these waters and get us into another P5 conference. I have total confidence in this.

Long Term: Matt Campbell. If this goes the way I think it will go, the $ec will eventually turn into a 32 or 48 team league of relevant football teams, while everyone else is playing for fun and pride. Matt keeps us in that picture and ISU gets to stay at the big boy table.

Thank God ISU has picked a great time to be relevant in Football. It definitely helps our cause.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
yeah, everyone needs to hold on, force ut and ou to pay up if they want out now, then everyone can go their own way…it’s all about getting money from ut and ou…they are expecting everyone to panic, if the 8 can hold together and outlast them we get a final payout

this was bs, but the right message

ou and ut can’t stay 4 years, their programs would be destroyed by then, so pay up fellas
Agree, it puts pressure on them and to some extent the TV execs that want to see this move happen. If they want to see it happen maybe they can help us find a landing spot.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020

Yes, I have negotiated and threatened to sue the govt - The RTC. They were wrong and we both knew it. You need to hit the other with a baseball bat to the temple, especially when they are a bully. It worked. They backed down and there was an amicable solution. The two pussies are hoping the remaining 8 will give in. I hope they don't and play hardball.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
It’ll be interesting to see what the B1G does, if they do. Obviously the invite there would be best case scenario. But if they end up poaching a few PAC schools instead, then there’s really no choice but for the rest of the PAC and Big12 to merge.

ISU4NH

Aug 9, 2020
We took the high road and said to the world that contracts mean something. I see integrity and the confidence to weather another storm. Name another ISU President/AD team who you would rather have in place.

That's my Iowa State University and I'm proud to have graduated from this great institution.

BTW, my niece and her devoted husband graduated from TX. Haven't talked to her yet about this event because she just had her second child. I'll give it a while.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It’ll be interesting to see what the B1G does, if they do. Obviously the invite there would be best case scenario. But if they end up poaching a few PAC schools instead, then there’s really no choice but for the rest of the PAC and Big12 to merge.
Exactly. If the Big 10 grabs the big players in the Pac 12, we will combine and form our own conference and get it up to 16 members. That’s a power conference.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016

If the B1G does what Andy Staples suggests, taking the four California schools with Oregon and Washington, then the Big 12-Pac-12 merger would look like:

Big 12/Pac-12 West
Washington State
Oregon State
Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado
Utah
Texas Tech

Big 12/Pac-12 East
TCU
Baylor
Oklahoma State
Kansas
Kansas State
Iowa State
West Virginia

For geographic reasons, I would not be opposed to WVU landing an ACC invitation, adding BYU to the mix here, and pushing Texas Tech to the East.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
I'm sorry, but I have to question the competence of every person involved in this video, from the decision to make it in the first place, to production, to editing. This didn't do anything to make our university look like a first-class institution.

I think we look much better than some of the others who are in desperation mode. We look like the adults in the room!!!!!

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
This is the exact opposite of what i wanted this video to say...but god I hope were not just sitting buy hoping to get lucky on conference realignment. This is not going to take 4 years, at some point they SEC/UT and OKL are going to buy out this contract and its going to be all out mayhem

There wasn’t much more to say. We’re still under contract with the B12 as well; Jamie can’t say “we’re disappointed, but we’ve got a landing spot so we’re all good!”

I’m guessing once a settlement is reached with OU/UT more details on our next steps will be made public.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
This is the exact opposite of what i wanted this video to say...but god I hope were not just sitting buy hoping to get lucky on conference realignment. This is not going to take 4 years, at some point they SEC/UT and OKL are going to buy out this contract and its going to be all out mayhem
If you think JP and WW think this will go 4 years and are just waiting for a call from other conferences, you’re letting yourself be wayyy too pessimistic.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron