*** Official IOWA STATE vs Iowa Game(Day) THREAD ***

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
So lets’s go back to the middle of the 2nd quarter and read what I posted when it was still 7-0 and we had just thrown an interception in the end zone

"Not to worry. Two stupid things have happened to us and without that we've got at least 3-0 lead. But we're now outplaying them on both sides of the ball. So without a short field to work Iowa hasn't scored. And without a fumble we do score. So pull back and look at the 10,000 foot view...we're good.”

To which a bunch of negative nellies couldn’t accept it and thought we would still lose. You just have to have a bigger view.

We were ugly ourselves at times but still outplayed them except for four plays. We even outplayed their great defense to a degree. Mark that 99 yard drive down as legendary.

4 plays can decide football games. Look at this game over the last 7 years.

• Dumb
Reactions: Aclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
If he is such a great coordinator, where was that all game? We could have done that all 4 quarters.
Why did play calling change when we got to the red zone when we had been running all over them?
Why did it take an amazing play by X to get us that touchdown?
You realize that it it hadn’t been for mistakes by the PLAYERS, we would have scored about 35 points? Against a really good defense?

Genius.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I’m actually pretty excited about the potential for this team if we can just play smarter and quit self destructing.

We doubled Iowa in passing yds, rushing yds, and ran 26 more plays. It was a dominating performance folks. Just have to clean up the stupid mistakes and I think we’re pretty darn salty.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Not pretty, but we'll take it. If I'm an Iowa QB other than Petras, or a skill position player, I'm entering the portal already. What on earth is that offense in Iowa City?

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
I’m actually pretty excited about the potential for this team if we can just play smarter and quit self destructing.

We doubled Iowa in passing yds, rushing yds, and ran 26 more plays. It was a dominating performance folks. Just have to clean up the stupid mistakes and I think we’re pretty darn salty.
We were nasty on offense as the game went on and Norton comes back eventually. Just nasty cat and mousing Iowa.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Petras was nearly as bad last year. Iowa has played football like this for a while now…. it’s been ugly for a long time. They had no business winning this game last year either if ISU doesn’t self destruct.

I will say…. their OL hasn’t been this bad for a while though.
Not sure how many times the D has to bail out and gift wrap the ball for the offense... but I'm sure KF and BF will have a nice laugh over it later on as they continue to fleece the Iowa program.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
How would you change what the refs did today. Some of you are amazing.
I thought they called a good game. There were some very close calls that couldn't be made for certain on replay. I thought they were much better than the Texas refs,