*** Official IOWA STATE vs Iowa Game(Day) THREAD ***

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
My low-key favorite play of the game was Iowas attempt at running a reverse on short yardage that we absolutely blew up blew up for a loss and Iowa had to punt on fourth down.

I was talking w my Iowa fan friends about what a gift that was. Definitely worst play call, most of the rest just really poor execution and Petra’s is just not a FBS qb.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Hoping for Purdue

Right now Purdue is by far the best team in the B1G West. That isn't saying much, but it's the truth.

Can you imagine how much money Charlie Jones is making himself by getting out of IC and going to Purdue right now? He might not even have a single reception if he were at Iowa right now. At Purdue he has 21 receptions for 286 yds and 4 TDs in just two games!

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
Just want to give a shout out to the O-Line. I don’t think they’ve been given enough credit. They won us that game more than anything. That is one of the best Ds they’ll face and they were getting push in the run game and for the most part Dekkers was given time and a clean pocket. They are going to be the reason we win a lot of games this year
Downing is beast.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
Obviously we should've scored more points than we did yesterday, but just imagine what Michigan and Ohio State will do to Iowa later in the season
Yeah but this is like getting over the hump against the Vampire Bill Snyder. We finally beat them under Campbell and they dont have the same psychological hold they once had over us.

And yes Iowa is probably going to break down and the defense will have that 99 yard drive in their nightmares and Moss will have that Hutchinson TD in his nightmares.

I actually have pity for the defense, what a shame that offense is.

• Funny
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Yeah but this is like getting over the hump against the Vampire Bill Snyder. We finally beat them under Campbell and they dont have the same psychological hold they once had over us.

And yes Iowa is probably going to break down and the defense will have that 99 yard drive in their nightmares and Moss will have that Hutchinson TD in his nightmares.

I actually have pity for the defense, what a shame that offense is.
I don't ;)

Reactions: iowastatefan1929

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Right now Purdue is by far the best team in the B1G West. That isn't saying much, but it's the truth.

Can you imagine how much money Charlie Jones is making himself by getting out of IC and going to Purdue right now? He might not even have a single reception if he were at Iowa right now. At Purdue he has 21 receptions for 286 yds and 4 TDs in just two games!
According to Trent Condon, he made a mistake because his best pro chances are at special teams and he could display that at Iowa better.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I like how they hyped up Riley Moss as a guy who should be in the NFL but only stayed to get better at his craft and then X putting on a demonstration about what happens to him when he tries to check an NFL caliber WR.

Moss is opportunistic, most of his int's are bad throws that go right to him, other than that he's like all the other Iowa guys over hyped because they are "Iowa". Good receivers like X and anyone on Purdue show his true skill set, he's a fake ID.

Bruce likes to run his mouth but he's not good either. All Pro LB Jack Campbell was non-existent too. Every year these guys get hyped up because they are "Iowa".

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Moss is opportunistic, most of his int's are bad throws that go right to him, other than that he's like all the other Iowa guys over hyped because they are "Iowa". Good receivers like X and anyone on Purdue show his true skill set, he's a fake ID.

Bruce likes to run his mouth but he's not good either. All Pro LB Jack Campbell was non-existent too. Every year these guys get hyped up because they are "Iowa".

Iowa looked chippier yesterday than I've seen....or they're just worse at hiding it.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Rewatching the game this morning. First play after Reeder int. If Dekkers hands off to Brock on the read option JB walks into to endzone.
Dekkers after two games, could have a fantastic career at ISU and take his team and fans to the next level. We are seeing his arm strength and accuracy. He throws to the right receiver and where they can catch it. My only complaint is directed to the OC and the QB coach.....Josh Allen he is not!!! He might run for a few yards against lesser talent but not against the big boys. Josh Allen is a freak at 6'6" and 260, Dekkers is 6'3" and 205. If you want to use him intelligently, line him up at center and QB sneak but if he gets dinged running options outside, it's on you. RPO's are fine but put the idea that he is another Russell Wilson, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson etc. in the trash can.