*** Official IOWA STATE vs Iowa Game(Day) THREAD ***

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
My low-key favorite play of the game was Iowas attempt at running a reverse on short yardage that we absolutely blew up blew up for a loss and Iowa had to punt on fourth down.
And that was Brian getting freaky with the play call

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Cyclone win expectancy was 78.8%. That's solid. Anything between 40% - 60% is considered a toss up. The last couple years we've actually had HIGHER win expectancy because the turnovers were so unbalanced. To Iowa's credit, Connolly has acknowledged that they are the extreme outlier in year-over-year turnover reproducibility.

It's a metric that looks at play-by-play efficiency and explosiveness stats that are highly correlated with winning, and says "if this game were replayed a million times but always generated the same box score, how often would the winning team be the team that won the real game?"

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Dekkers after two games, could have a fantastic career at ISU and take his team and fans to the next level. We are seeing his arm strength and accuracy. He throws to the right receiver and where they can catch it. My only complaint is directed to the OC and the QB coach.....Josh Allen he is not!!! He might run for a few yards against lesser talent but not against the big boys. Josh Allen is a freak at 6'6" and 260, Dekkers is 6'3" and 205. If you want to use him intelligently, line him up at center and QB sneak but if he gets dinged running options outside, it's on you. RPO's are fine but put the idea that he is another Russell Wilson, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson etc. in the trash can.
I expect to see Dekkers have a little more success in the running game as he gains more experience. His decision making on when to tuck and go isn't there yet, but I'll be surprised if he doesn't pull off some big runs this year. Doesn't have to be a workhorse, just enough to keep the defense honest. I'm actually more concerned about a QB getting injured on hits in the pocket, than by being an occasional ball carrier.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Iowa fans throwing bottles at ISU players?
They threw a beer can (looked to me anyway) right at the feet of the Iowa defender, who was kneeling in the end zone, right after the Xavier touchdown to go up 10-7.

I don't know how you get away with stuff like that. Game should have been stopped immediately, crowd warned at the very least, or crowd penalized, but no. Like it never happened! Announcers didn't even say anything.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Any refs argument they had went up in smoke with that final 20 yards of penalty.

He wasn’t even in neutral zone. I could throw that flag 25 times a game if that’s in the neutral zone.
I'm watching the Bengals v Steelers game now. With about 3 minutes left, and the Bengals trying to drive for a winning score, the Pittsburg L DT was lined up in the nuetral zone also. NO call.

I thought Anderson was lined up off sides. You can't make it that easy for the refs. The extra 15 yd penalty became dreamworld, in a nightmarish sort of way. :(

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Hawk fans throwing bottles at players.
Watch for beer cans to the back of the head.
Iowa city is full of losers.
Agree. Most Iowa fans are fine. Like any fan base, Iowa has its share of bad ones. Iowa does seem to have far more than their share of really bad fans though. Of course I am biased but I can only go by what I see and hear over the years.

Further, to me it seems like a majority of Iowa fans feel quite entitled. Many take it to the next level being grumpy, arrogant, and quite unpleasant overall.

I guess it's just what a good rivalry should be (to a point). To bad it might be going away. At least that's the way things seem to be heading.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Moss is opportunistic, most of his int's are bad throws that go right to him, other than that he's like all the other Iowa guys over hyped because they are "Iowa". Good receivers like X and anyone on Purdue show his true skill set, he's a fake ID.

Bruce likes to run his mouth but he's not good either. All Pro LB Jack Campbell was non-existent too. Every year these guys get hyped up because they are "Iowa".
They showed the safety that Campbell got last week on the big screen before the game. He got himself a little side facemask on it. Missed call that could have been a game changer.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Doughy Tahshee Mosh Tay. Genki-na!!!

どういたしまして
来年はこいつらを尻叩いてみよう! rainen wa koitsura wo shiri tatai te miyo yo !

[Let's slap these guys on the ass next year!]

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I'm watching the Bengals v Steelers game now. With about 3 minutes left, and the Bengals trying to drive for a winning score, the Pittsburg L DT was lined up in the nuetral zone also. NO call.

I thought Anderson was lined up off sides. You can't make it that easy for the refs. The extra 15 yd penalty became dreamworld, in a nightmarish sort of way. :(
At halftime I went to the garage to lift and stream Walters/Heft. I finished up right after our TD but we were playing better so I just stayed out there and did a few more accessories. After the apparent strip-sack I thought it was over so I went to get the mail. When I got back into the garage I heard them saying Iowa will set up for the game tying FG and I about lost my ****. My wife kept the game on TV inside so I ran in and rewound the DVR to see what the hell I'd missed.

Last edited:

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
If the Gophers don’t win it this year and take their place as the West sacrificial team in the BIG conference game, pj never will.
They've certainly completely dominated the two teams they've played. That being said. They have have played the weakest 2 game schedule in the country.