Anyone heard from Huckleberry (LakeBison)???

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
I hope he made it out of Ames okay???

I tipped a few with some Bison fans, and the group i know were a fun group of tailgaters and well versed in Bison Football and passionate about their team which i respect......

Most thought it would be a close game, didn't think our offense would score as much as we did....they thought it would be a 20-17 or 24-20 type of game.

LAKEBISON - Hope the bison have a great rest of the year!!!!

Kmac....

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I was going to ask any Bison if this is the worst beating they've taken from an FBS team. It seem like I heard over and over that they've lost to FBS by a combined total of four points or something?

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I was going to ask any Bison if this is the worst beating they've taken from an FBS team. It seem like I heard over and over that they've lost to FBS by a combined total of four points or something?

It's probably true. Didn't they just become an FCS school around two years ago (moved up from Div 2). They probably haven't played many FBS teams.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Give them some credit. For just moving up from Division 2 not long ago, they've had some very good seasons.

They played us well.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
It's probably true. Didn't they just become an FCS school around two years ago (moved up from Div 2). They probably haven't played many FBS teams.

Yes, but I think they've done really well; beat Minn, West. Mich. and Wyoming? Then lost to Minn. and somebdy else by a combined of single digits or something? My point is that NDSU has played FBS really well so far so we should feel okay about the score. And also that we're the "worst" team in the B12 which should enlighten their fans about what kind of conference it is.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If they don't fumble on the goal line and A-Rob's fumble is called then what would you say to him.

This game was to close to worry about pre-game smack talk.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
If they don't fumble on the goal line and A-Rob's fumble is called then what would you say to him.

Maybe you didn't read the original post. I don't see any smack-talk.

Schfinkter

Dec 3, 2008
Dandy's House
Maybe you didn't read the original post. I don't see any smack-talk.

All in all the fans weren't bad, better than sqwauk fans, some ndsu fans was grillin bison burgers and offered me and the gf one, and some beer, so we stayed around and talked awhile, then a group of 4 ndsu fans walked by and started jawing at us and the ndsu fans we were talkin to told them off and apologized for the idiots, so all in all they weren't bad

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Very friendly people, passionate about their school and knowledgeable about football. I would invite them back for another season opener.

-keep.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
All in all the fans weren't bad, better than sqwauk fans, some ndsu fans was grillin bison burgers and offered me and the gf one, and some beer, so we stayed around and talked awhile, then a group of 4 ndsu fans walked by and started jawing at us and the ndsu fans we were talkin to told them off and apologized for the idiots, so all in all they weren't bad

There was one Bizon in the student section who apparently thought he was a tough guy, that was pretty hilarious.

Also, there must've been a hawk fan somewhere in there because the whole front row of the upper deck was really laying into someone not too far from me, did a lot of singing the "Ode to the Hawks"

Cardinal&Gold11

Nov 6, 2007
The land of Eastern Iowa University
There was one Bizon in the student section who apparently thought he was a tough guy, that was pretty hilarious.

Also, there must've been a hawk fan somewhere in there because the whole front row of the upper deck was really laying into someone not too far from me, did a lot of singing the "Ode to the Hawks"

The hawk fan was right by us the entire game. We absolutely laid it on him. As for the guys in the upper deck singing the song, that was hilarious!:biglaugh:

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
The hawk fan was right by us the entire game. We absolutely laid it on him. As for the guys in the upper deck singing the song, that was hilarious!:biglaugh:

There was a guy sittin by me, section 25 is where he was, that was decked out in full Hawk crap. He would always stand when everyone stood...just wouldnt clap. Is it really that hard to find like a neutral color? Heck, I would have been ok with him wearing green and yellow.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
There was a guy sittin by me, section 25 is where he was, that was decked out in full Hawk crap. He would always stand when everyone stood...just wouldnt clap. Is it really that hard to find like a neutral color? Heck, I would have been ok with him wearing green and yellow.

That's probably all he owns...:jimlad:

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
This is what I really dislike about internet trolls. They show up and run their mouth for months. Of course, if his team wins, he would have been posting frantically the last 12 hours talking more smack about how he was right and his team won...blah blah blah. And when the lose, like they did, he disappears never to be seen again. He has nothing to lose and no crow to eat.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
This is what I really dislike about internet trolls. They show up and run their mouth for months. Of course, if his team wins, he would have been posting frantically the last 12 hours talking more smack about how he was right and his team won...blah blah blah. And when the lose, like they did, he disappears never to be seen again. He has nothing to lose and no crow to eat.

lakebison had some 'assistance' in not being able to post

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

If if if if if if if if!!!

If Reynolds makes a better pass, Hamilton has another TD. If Mahoney wasn't short on the long FG attempt, that's another 3 points. If we didn't have several drives stall, we would've scored more.

Say if all you want, it doesn't mean anything.