Chubba Purdy

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Lets compare to Martinez then? Is that a more fair comparison? (Nebraska). I know Scott Frost has another recruit behind him. Do you pull Martinez from any game you are still in not due to injury? I don't think so.

If you're winning by 20 in the 4th quarter you do. Hopefully ISU has some games like that and we can get Mitchell, and anyone else we want, some experience.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
If CMC doesn't play a second qb meaningful minutes early in year, I may tell him to **** his process. I did hit send...sorry cmc.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
But why aren't we comparing junior Mayfield to freshman Purdy since the analogy was to benching Mayfield so Murray could get some snaps?
I’d go with “Because the post I replied to simply said ‘Purdy is no Mayfield’”. So I was curious what Mayfield looked like at the exact same stage of development.

Thanks for you response, I appreciate it.

And the “Chubba Purdy” portion of this thread was concluded the moment Aidan Bouman was mentioned.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Did Clemson play anyone other than Trevor Lawrence after game 2? How about Oklahoma, did they play anyone other than Kyler Murray? If you have a true #1 QB, you don't play anyone else just to keep them fresh and healthy. Yeah, we played 4 QBs this past year because #1, - Kempt got hurt. #2 - Purdy was better than Noland. #3 - trick plays. Hopefully, going forward, we get to use Purdy as an every down QB. Only thing that should change that would be injury, or winning games by so much that we can afford to play someone else.

Yes, Lawrence got hurt and missed basically an entire game (Syracuse I believe) and they had another true freshman step in and play.

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
Come on Fanatics you’ve watched CMC for a few years now and should know how this works. We like to be “multiple” including different packages. Next year they’ll have a package of plays featuring Real Mitchell, especially since he brings a slightly different skill set than Brock. We might not even use the package some games but defenses will still have to prepare for multiple looks. If we sign a talented QB this year we’ll do the same thing down the road. This staff, especially with Manning back, will find a way to get talent on the field.

• Optimistic
Reactions: cyhiphopp

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This thread....................

fig9-3.gif

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Chubba not coming here would be more about Dean and Bouman than Brock. The QB room looks good for the next few years.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Chubba not coming here would be more about Dean and Bouman than Brock. The QB room looks good for the next few years.

Not that ratings are a guarantee, but Chubba is rated higher than Dean and Bouman by 247. He might not be scared of that as competition.

Edit: cyclone4L just beat me with the 4-star rating

Reactions: heitclone

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I am wondering if he would be interested in coming since his brother is already here. I know his family loves ISU, but maybe Chubba wants to do his own thing. On the other hand, he may like ISU and want to play with his brother. If he doesn't want to go to ISU, maybe this is why the staff hasn't offered him yet.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I know we are super high on Aidan Bouman for 2020 but it's weird we aren't going after Chubba Purdy too. Can never have enough QBs at ISU.

• Winner
Reactions: skibumspe

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I know we are super high on Aidan Bouman for 2020 but it's weird we aren't going after Chubba Purdy too. Can never have enough QBs at ISU.
I’ve wondered about that myself—since I liked Chubba long before 247 made him a 4 star. But I also suspect this is going to be a pretty small class.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
If CMC doesn't play a second qb meaningful minutes early in year, I may tell him to **** his process. I did hit send...sorry cmc.

Hmmm. tolfbfan breaking bad on Coach Campbell. Interesting.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
So, as for Chubba, the actual reason for this thread, the reason we haven't offered him yet could be because CMC and staff have some inside information that he either is or isn't interested in coming here.

I could see him wanting to go his own way, make his own name. Which CMC could already know and respect. Just a theory.
They could also be in no hurry because they are so familiar with the family and know their situation and plans, so will offer him when they see fit.

• Agree
Reactions: Gorm and burn587

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I’ve wondered about that myself—since I liked Chubba long before 247 made him a 4 star. But I also suspect this is going to be a pretty small class.

This. Take a look at how many scholarship SRs are on the roster. This class is going to small...like 18-20. You just don't bring in two QBs in a small class when you only lose 1 in Kolar. Not to mention it sounds like they really like Bouman. I guarantee that the staff has watched every single one of Chubba's plays. If they liked him better than Bouman, he would be committed to ISU by now and Bouman would be going somewhere else. Sucks that they have an in with a very highly rated QB, but we just have to trust the eval here.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Did Clemson play anyone other than Trevor Lawrence after game 2? How about Oklahoma, did they play anyone other than Kyler Murray? If you have a true #1 QB, you don't play anyone else just to keep them fresh and healthy. Yeah, we played 4 QBs this past year because #1, - Kempt got hurt. #2 - Purdy was better than Noland. #3 - trick plays. Hopefully, going forward, we get to use Purdy as an every down QB. Only thing that should change that would be injury, or winning games by so much that we can afford to play someone else.

Holy Moly a season with out a QB controversy, CW can't handle the turn down in viewing of CF if that happens.:eek: Jk it'll all work out.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
Purdy looks amazing... but there is no reason to put all of our eggs in that basket. He will probably start for 3 or 4 years and go on the the NFL.... but that doesn't mean that you don't have backups... if he improves he may be a prospect next season...

• Agree
Reactions: burn587

Help Support Us

Become a patron