Chubba Purdy

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Purdy looks amazing... but there is no reason to put all of our eggs in that basket. He will probably start for 3 or 4 years and go on the the NFL.... but that doesn't mean that you don't have backups... if he improves he may be a prospect next season...

I think Purdy starts the rest of his career here but I agree, we need someone else to be ready with actual meaningful playing time when Brock gets dinged up.

Also, I would caution fans to remember our QB history. Just because Purdy looks like a sure thing, so did Jantz, Barnett, Richardson, Lanning, Park and Kempt at times and we all know that worked out. If CW writes a column this summer saying that “this is Brock’s team now” I am going to put 5k on Brock starting 5 more games and fizzling out. Those columns have been the kiss of death it seems like.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I think Purdy starts the rest of his career here but I agree, we need someone else to be ready with actual meaningful playing time when Brock gets dinged up.

Also, I would caution fans to remember our QB history. Just because Purdy looks like a sure thing, so did Jantz, Barnett, Richardson, Lanning, Park and Kempt at times and we all know that worked out. If CW writes a column this summer saying that “this is Brock’s team now” I am going to put 5k on Brock starting 5 more games and fizzling out. Those columns have been the kiss of death it seems like.
Yeah I just don’t see that with Brock.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Purdy looks amazing... but there is no reason to put all of our eggs in that basket. He will probably start for 3 or 4 years and go on the the NFL.... but that doesn't mean that you don't have backups... if he improves he may be a prospect next season...

I assume you mean an NFL prospect by this statement. To which I say, that would be fantastic since he cant declare for the draft after next season. The earliest he could declare is after his junior season since you have to be 3 years removed from high school to enter the draft.

• Winner
  • Informative
Reactions: Aclone and moores2

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

I can 100000000000% guarantee you that nothing that happens on the field or in the football season is due an article or column or anything from a journalist.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I can 100000000000% guarantee you that nothing that happens on the field or in the football season is due an article or column or anything from a journalist.
BS... We all know CW predicts the future. Look at his track record with vacations.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Haha.

KU fans think Les is the savior.

I think they are in for a rude awakening.
After he was out at LSU I really thought he could’ve taken a job in the big 10 and been pretty successful. The big 12 he has no chance. His LSU teams couldn’t score enough points to win in SEC with elite talent, what’s he going to do in the big 12 where you need a minimum of 35 pts and he has ******* talent to work with.

Combine that with the fact that he legitimately may have dementia setting in (seriously watch his recent interviews) and the guy will be the next Charlie Weiss.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
After he was out at LSU I really thought he could’ve taken a job in the big 10 and been pretty successful. The big 12 he has no chance. His LSU teams couldn’t score enough points to win in SEC with elite talent, what’s he going to do in the big 12 where you need a minimum of 35 pts and he has ******* talent to work with.

Combine that with the fact that he legitimately may have dementia setting in (seriously watch his recent interviews) and the guy will be the next Charlie Weiss.
Yeah... I truly don’t think he knows what he is in for.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Considering in our 6 big 12 wins we averaged 35.8 pts and only won by more than 10 twice I would say it is pretty accurate.
Okay I am wrong and you are correct. :) Maybe I should say he would like it to be allot less to win.:oops: When he is able to get the running game going, I believe he hopes the number of points needed to win will be less.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron