Hoops nugget I've heard from practice

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Was making the rounds talking to some folks before last night's game and I asked specifically about Brady Ernst. I'm obviously not expecting much this year but I was curious about his future. The coaching staff seems pleasantly surprised about where he's at right now.

Here's the thing: Ernst is nowhere ready to play in the Big 12. He needs to bulk up to around 255 and frankly be mean out there.

Here's the good news: Ernst has fully embraced this role. In fact, the coaches have had to tone him down during practice so doesn't rough up guys like Niang and McKay.

Is this good news? I'd say so. Only because Ernst will never be Georges Niang, right? But if he's 100 percent on board to be the "don't go in the middle" tough guy, that's fantastic. It's a role that needs filled down the road.

Last edited:

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Was making the rounds talking to some folks before last night's game and I asked specifically about Brady Ernst. I'm obviously not expecting much this year but I was curious about his future. The coaching staff seems pleasantly surprised about where he's at right now.

Here's the thing: Ernst is nowhere ready to play in the Big 12. He needs to bulk up to around 255 and frankly be mean out there.

Here's the good news: Ernst has fully embraced this role. In fact, the coaches have had to tone him down during practice so doesn't rough up guys like Niang and McKay.

Is this good news? I'd say so. Only because Ernst will never be Georges Niang, right? But if he's 100 percent on board to be the "don't go in the middle" tough guy, that's fantastic. It's a role that needs filled down the road. Mark my words, he will be the next Jared Homan.

This is how I read it

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
This is how I read it

p9sjh1vbfdh7yz2dgm9v.gif

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I was pleasantly surprised at how he looked out there last night. I don't expect anything from him this year, but he didn't look like he completely didn't belong on the court last night.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Is it just me or does Ernst look heavier than the 215 he's listed at?

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
He's muscular and has a decent frame. He also seems to move around fairly well. I would expect he can contribute next year, and factor into the starting line up the season after that.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Will he be that guy on Oklahoma with the tribal tattoos?

Help Support Us

Become a patron