Hoops nugget I've heard from practice

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Why don't people with loser attitudes go elsewhere? Are you physically stuck in your chair because of being morbidly obese and you have no choice but posting here?

I'm working on it

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Why don't people with loser attitudes go elsewhere? Are you physically stuck in your chair because of being morbidly obese and you have no choice but posting here?

popcorn_seinfeld.gif

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
If Brady does indeed end up being Homan 2.0, I think it will go down as one of the best recruiting steals in recent ISU BB history. Homan ended up being a very solid player for us by his senior season, and I'm pretty sure he was more highly ranked than Ernst coming out of high school.

Homan was a best his senior year. That game against UNC...

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
Ernst seemed to know what to do with the ball better than Carter. Granted it was a exhibition team but he had a nice post up with the ball the time I saw he got it in position.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So the "nugget" is that Ernst doesn't have the talent to be in the Big 12 and shouldn't have been given a scholarship, but hopefully we can put a ton of muscle on him and turn him into a "thug" inside?

Color me not too impressed. I questioned why we gave him a scholarship when it happened because virtually nobody wanted him, but I guess the coaching staff knows what they are doing. He would be a perfect walk-on IMO, but not taking up a very valuable scholarship.

Hopefully he can develop into something we can use down the road, that would be great. IMO, it looks like he's already pretty well built. Not sure how he could really get much bigger, but I guess we'll see. His arms are twice the size of Carter's.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
So the "nugget" is that Ernst doesn't have the talent to be in the Big 12 and shouldn't have been given a scholarship, but hopefully we can put a ton of muscle on him and turn him into a "thug" inside?

Color me not too impressed. I questioned why we gave him a scholarship when it happened because virtually nobody wanted him, but I guess the coaching staff knows what they are doing. He would be a perfect walk-on IMO, but not taking up a very valuable scholarship.

Hopefully he can develop into something we can use down the road, that would be great. IMO, it looks like he's already pretty well built. Not sure how he could really get much bigger, but I guess we'll see. His arms are twice the size of Carter's.

Get a grip

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

You always deliver. You keep doing you.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Lol, reading for comprehension, or perhaps the general art of comprehension, is not your strong suit.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I think Brady has a chance to develop into a contributor. Clonedude not so much.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Guys, stop quoting him in your posts.

Kind of defeats the purpose of the ignore function for the rest of us.

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015

Every time I see a post from you with a few paragraphs I just know I'm going to read something stupid. Thanks for being you.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Sometimes, when I read your posts, my eyes start to bleed.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
If Brady does indeed end up being Homan 2.0, I think it will go down as one of the best recruiting steals in recent ISU BB history. Homan ended up being a very solid player for us by his senior season, and I'm pretty sure he was more highly ranked than Ernst coming out of high school.

Ernst's high school highlights looked like a Homan type body but a little more advanced offensively, and I'm not sure why he wasn't more highly recruited. Obviously Homan came in very raw but developed into one of the best centers in the big 12 by his senior year. I'm not saying Ernst will become that good but I think he will be considered a very big steal for us before he's done.