Hoops nugget I've heard from practice

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Prohm said he might red-shirt him. We seem to be pretty thin at the post positions this year.

When he said that, I took that as a no he won't because he looks to have thought better of it as he said it.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Did somebody say "nugget"?

hqdefault.jpg

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Prohm said he might red-shirt him. We seem to be pretty thin at the post positions this year.

I doubt he gets redshirted because of how thin we are in the front court. If any two of Nader/Niang/McKay get in foul trouble in the same game, Carter and Ernst will need to hold down some minutes.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
This is how I read it

If Brady does indeed end up being Homan 2.0, I think it will go down as one of the best recruiting steals in recent ISU BB history. Homan ended up being a very solid player for us by his senior season, and I'm pretty sure he was more highly ranked than Ernst coming out of high school.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
He will be able to contribute more next year if he plays even a small amount this year.

We will likely need him next year.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
From the looks of Erst on Friday I would say 3 things. The first is I don't see a guy that needs to add a bunch of weight. Weight is not strength. I would say 20 lbs max. Second thing is he looked just as good as Carter to me. Which is impressive since it has only been 8 months since he tore his knee. The last thing is I feel way better about our forward positions going into next year. Both look like they should be big 12 caliber by the end of the year which means 4 years with 2 solid big guys

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I'm hoping he looks like he can give a pithy one-liner like, "I must break you," someday.

reaCY

Mar 21, 2014
He's muscular and has a decent frame. He also seems to move around fairly well. I would expect he can contribute next year, and factor into the starting line up the season after that.
We will need him badly because according to CW our team this year is as good as it will ever get...Its like his Paul Rhoads we should lose to all the other teams lines of BS that have become so commonplace around here lately.

guacamole7

Feb 4, 2010
We will need him badly because according to CW our team this year is as good as it will ever get...Its like his Paul Rhoads we should lose to all the other teams lines of BS that have become so commonplace around here lately.

I would just go elsewhere if I were you.