Like whatever!

Attachments

• orangutan-dance.gif
    orangutan-dance.gif
    2 MB · Views: 990

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I personally like having a "tough Guy" on the roster. I think that is what we sometimes miss.

When you play Baylor, West Virginia etc..you need these guys.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
So the "nugget" is that Ernst doesn't have the talent to be in the Big 12 and shouldn't have been given a scholarship, but hopefully we can put a ton of muscle on him and turn him into a "thug" inside?

Color me not too impressed. I questioned why we gave him a scholarship when it happened because virtually nobody wanted him, but I guess the coaching staff knows what they are doing. He would be a perfect walk-on IMO, but not taking up a very valuable scholarship.

Hopefully he can develop into something we can use down the road, that would be great. IMO, it looks like he's already pretty well built. Not sure how he could really get much bigger, but I guess we'll see. His arms are twice the size of Carter's.

I said when we signed him that in couple years he would be contending for a starting spot. Ernst has good hands and can score around basket. Kid works hard and will develop into a very solid player for us. Having a thug inside isn't a bad thing. Spangler is a thug and a rebounding machine.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I said when we signed him that in couple years he would be contending for a starting spot. Ernst has good hands and can score around basket. Kid works hard and will develop into a very solid player for us. Having a thug inside isn't a bad thing. Spangler is a thug and a rebounding machine.

That's what I'm hoping for as well.

I completely agree that a "thug" inside is very valuable. Hogue gave us a little of that, and Homan was great at it. If Ernst can become that, then that would be great.

I NEVER blame the kid in these situations for getting a scholarship. Who wouldn't take a scholarship to go to college if offered? This is a great opportunity for Ernst. Hopefully he can take advantage of it and be productive for us. I love it when these athletes prove me wrong. It only benefits the Cyclones.

Last edited:

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
That's what I'm hoping for as well.

I completely agree that a "thug" inside is very valuable. Hogue gave us a little of that, and Homan was great at it. If Ernst can become that, then that would be great.

I NEVER blame the kid in these situations for getting a scholarship. Who wouldn't take a scholarship to go to college if offered? This is a great opportunity for Ernst. Hopefully he can take advantage of it and be productive for us. I love it when these athletes prove me wrong. I only benefits the Cyclones.

Well that explains why you say some of the stupidest stuff on here. Because you get enjoyment out of being proven wrong so much.

Lanny

Apr 10, 2006
Kimberling City, MO
From the sounds of it he seems to be similar to a young Jared Homan. He is a little smaller but had that physical mentality and build. I don't expect that type of production but hopefully he can progress to help with the rebounding and defense.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

Cool story, but we're talking about him coming in to be physical and provide some fouls. That is quite a ways from starting.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I would bet money that he's heavier than that
I agree....he looked very well put together to me. Carter, on the other hand, needs to live in the weight room. I think both would benefit greatly from a redshirt, especially Ernst due to his knee injury. However, one thing to keep in mind....big guys have a much harder time transitioning to college ball. They typically do not know how to use their bodies to avoid fouling. I would expect both these guys to be foul prone, and we may need both of them to get an equivalent of one post backup player.

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
If Tsalmpouris was going to be the next Kaminsky, I guess Ernst can be the next Homan.