Josh Volk interview on picking Iowa

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
For undergrad:

English, humanities, journalism/media, business, polysci, most of the fine/performing arts advantage Iowa.

Mathematics, STEM, many of the hard sciences, ag sciences, graphic design, interior design advantage ISU.

Lots of programs probably pretty even between the two. My daughter will be starting at ISU this coming fall in elementary ed, and we absolutely loved the faculty advisor we met with on our campus visit. Those programs might be equal but ISU completely won us over.

What I’ve seen, as of late, is Iowa and ISU are pretty comparable in the business degrees. ISU has been focusing on Masters degrees and have been really driving to improve in them.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
For undergrad:

English, humanities, journalism/media, business, polysci, most of the fine/performing arts advantage Iowa.

Mathematics, STEM, many of the hard sciences, ag sciences, graphic design, interior design advantage ISU.

Lots of programs probably pretty even between the two. My daughter will be starting at ISU this coming fall in elementary ed, and we absolutely loved the faculty advisor we met with on our campus visit. Those programs might be equal but ISU completely won us over.
Stop being reasonable. You are supposed to be a Cyclone Fanatic villain! :p

All this aside, I have some connections to Josh's high school and it sounded like all recruitment he was leaning Iowa but it was a very hard decision since he had a great relationship with CMC. Notre Dame was even sniffing at him but backed off when he tore his ACL. Would have loved for him to be at ISU but can't blame him for picking Iowa with their OL track record.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron