*** Official #14 Baylor vs #7 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Cyclone tv works with no problems with 3 tabs open and refreshing message boards every minute.
Agree. I've dabbled with the varisity app over the past 2-3 years. Some times it works, sometimes it doesn't. Cyclone.tv has always been more reliable. [remove any ad blockers and clear your memory cache periodically]

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Ok enough dissecting this idiotic discussion. Basketball is basketball.

Next week we either show up and win or we don’t. There’s nothing else previous that plays into anything unless you would sustain an injury like Niang in the tournament.

Let’s win this thing tomorrow and get ready for the Big Dance. Great win tonight!

Reactions: CyNews and NWICY

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
No sh!t. They will have at least 4 days of rest. That's easier than the conference schedule. Plus, they will play a mid major first round and a 7 or 10 seed two days later. Fatigue is not a factor. Every team is "fatigued" at this point. Don't forget about the "they had too much time off" excuse by the way.

They could also come out and play really well that first round and just get beat by a team that had a day.

They should totally make like lottery type bracket contests for it sibce it's so unpredictable!

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
ISU was, I think, 0-2 in Big 8 tourneys before they beat Kansas with Willoughby and Cato. I know one of the Hoiberg teams lost to Big Country/OSU in a final.
Kinda crazy when you look back and there was only (edit) 20 big 8 tournaments.

Last edited:

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Probably not but let’s beat #1 and see if an unranked NC State can upset N Carolina and make the committee have a decision
If ISU wins tomorrow, I think we'll be the 2 seed in the West where North Carolina will be the 1 seed. That may be the case no matter what happens tomorrow.

Reactions: Texbudman

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
5 days of rest clearly did us some good coming into this tournament. We’ll get the same going into NCAA.

That’s a good amount of rest for 18-22 year olds. Unless there are significant injuries (like KU) this “shut it down for the Big 12” doesn’t look like a great theory right now.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
I’m not taking your bait. I love Gilbert. He has lots to his game and he also has a tendency to force things especially when the offense is struggling.
Looks like you answered the question. Plays great defense too.

wgleason

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
5 days of rest clearly did us some good coming into this tournament. We’ll get the same going into NCAA.

That’s a good amount of rest for 18-22 year olds. Unless there are significant injuries (like KU) this “shut it down for the Big 12” doesn’t look like a great theory right now.
It's never been a good theory.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
Best 40 minute game by the entire team in long time. Milan and Gilbert stepped it up a notch. No one had a bad night. Good defense, offense, hustle, motion, pressure, rebound effort, passing, driving against a solid opponent.