*** OFFICIAL GUIDE TO VEGAS FOR UNLV 9/18 ***

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Has anyone called to ask about the price on the VVIP Field Club seats/lounge?
Looks pretty sweet from the description.

I did get asked to be put on a list and they never called me back actually. It's a different person than Rachel who most of us have been working with, I think his name is Scott? I have the info in my email if you need it. He runs the boxes and luxury seating. I will have to prod this again and see the pricing.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Rachael told me that they were only opening up half of the 200 level seats. If it warrants they probably will open more up. FYI- All tickets are mobile and people should get them in July. Let the Cyclone Nation Invasion commence!!

Reactions: je4cy23 and I@ST1

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
Rachael told me that they were only opening up half of the 200 level seats. If it warrants they probably will open more up. FYI- All tickets are mobile and people should get them in July. Let the Cyclone Nation Invasion commence!!

Good to hear that they will continue to open up seats as needed.

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
The International Fastener Show is at Mandalay Bay on Tuesday following the game for any of you engineers looking for an extended stay. Great timing for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 2020cy

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'm guessing the official visitor allotment you buy from the ISU ticket office is in the 100 levels. I'm guessing 119-121 or 125-127

@ISUCyclones2015 What do you think about the opportunities we will have to buy really good lower-level seats from UNLV season ticket holders who don't care about our game and might want to sell their tickets for our game in order to recoup their cost of the season tickets. Seems like it might be a bit of a risk as they are likely to try to gouge our fans, particularly as they may be aware of how paranoid some of our fans are about tickets.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
@ISUCyclones2015 What do you think about the opportunities we will have to buy really good lower-level seats from UNLV season ticket holders who don't care about our game and might want to sell their tickets for our game in order to recoup their cost of the season tickets. Seems like it might be a bit of a risk as they are likely to try to gouge our fans, particularly as they may be aware of how paranoid some of our fans are about tickets.

Here's the issue. Fresno, University of Nevada, and whatever P5 team are their big games. With Hawaii a slightly lower tier. The rest of their opponents never travel. This year UNLV plays both at Fresno and at Nevada. So we are by far gonna be the most popular ticket.

Basically expect to be gouged if you're trying to get really good seats. I did reach out about those VIP section seats on the 45 again. I think that'll be a good move if you can get them from the athletic office instead of a season ticket holder.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Should just buy season tickets at that price. (If still available)...

Also great that the upper bowl is open for everyone that said it was going to be closed and WOULD NOT OPEN.

People saying it would not open in Vegas have never been to Vegas. Everything is about $$ there, if they can sell those seats, they will sell those seats.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
People saying it would not open in Vegas have never been to Vegas. Everything is about $$ there, if they can sell those seats, they will sell those seats.
Yep IF the demand is there:

Price of ticket>>>What they pay gameday staff to work in those upper levels

What fans pay for food & drinks >>> What UNLV/Allegiant Stadium pay for those goods.

Which = PROFIT

Last edited:
Reactions: I@ST1

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Having troubles keeping track of all this. My wife and I have our flight tickets and hotel reservation, but we haven't purchased game tickets yet. What is the best strategy?

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
Having troubles keeping track of all this. My wife and I have our flight tickets and hotel reservation, but we haven't purchased game tickets yet. What is the best strategy?

Here is what ive gathered so far:

Season tickets from UNLV is one option for $175 or $255 each since i think the $125 are sold out. These are lower bowl endzone corner basically. More $ if you want better seats obviously. Single game listed on ticket sites are basically those tickets anyways and often for more than getting them yourself. The ISU game is probably 90% of the value anyways.

Some have gotten group tickets for single game for $121 i think they said. But they are 200 level corner. Season tickets arent available in that level, so these are probably all ISU folks.

Waiting for ISU allotment of 4,000 tickets should be in July, and getting them is based on donation level. They may be the lower level corner by the students or may be 200 level corner. I haven’t seen official word on that.

Single game sales from UNLV isn’t until mid August. Debate there is if the lower bowl fills and the 200 level does too. Will they open the 300 level or not?

Last edited:

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Thanks for the summary. That's very helpful. I still don't know what the best strategy is, though. I'd love to purchase game tickets now for the peace of mind, but I'd hate to fork out $400 for a pair of tickets now if it's likely I can get the same pair of tickets for maybe half the cost later this summer.

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
Thanks for the summary. That's very helpful. I still don't know what the best strategy is, though. I'd love to purchase game tickets now for the peace of mind, but I'd hate to fork out $400 for a pair of tickets now if it's likely I can get the same pair of tickets for maybe half the cost later this summer.
Right thats the gamble. (It is Vegas after all) It could play out that they all sell out instantly on that day in August and then you’re at the mercy of scalpers and pay more. If you check out the seats remaining it looks pretty thin anyways. So I really don't know how many single game tickets this summer will be left.

I ended up doing the $175 lower corner. And I’m hoping to sell the other game tickets to get some back. Im Gold level donor and was gonna wait to see if i got the allotment but now I realize that the tickets may be 200 level anyways and I’d rather be guaranteed lower bowl as a alternative choice.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Right thats the gamble. (It is Vegas after all) It could play out that they all sell out instantly on that day in August and then you’re at the mercy of scalpers and pay more. If you check out the seats remaining it looks pretty thin anyways. So I really don't know how many single game tickets this summer will be left.

I ended up doing the $175 lower corner. And I’m hoping to sell the other game tickets to get some back. Im Gold level donor and was gonna wait to see if i got the allotment but now I realize that the tickets may be 200 level anyways and I’d rather be guaranteed lower bowl as a alternative choice.
I'm also a gold level donor. I was thinking I would hold off on purchasing 2 UNLV season tickets now and wait until later this summer to either purchase 2 single game tickets when they go on sale, or purchase 2 tickets through ISU, although I was very unhappy with my seats when I purchased bowl tickets through ISU several years ago.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I did get asked to be put on a list and they never called me back actually. It's a different person than Rachel who most of us have been working with, I think his name is Scott? I have the info in my email if you need it. He runs the boxes and luxury seating. I will have to prod this again and see the pricing.

Any update on the person to contact on suites? I think in another thread, you (or someone) said to expect $2,500 for a suite. I was the one that noted that suites for Garth Brooks were initially going for $30,000. They are up to $50,000 now. I understand that these are suite brokers that are mainly targeting corporate clients, but UNLV has never called me back after leaving several messages. So if you have a contact, appreciate your sharing it.

I do not believe $2,500 for a 16 person suite ($156 a ticket) will be even close since they are selling group tickets for $121.

Best offer I have received is $12,500 for 20 tickets (food/drink not included). So any assistance you can provide to actually reach someone at UNLV would be a godsend.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
In the Cyclone Virtual Tailgate Tour tonight, Coach Otz gave four recommendations of his favorite old-school restaurants in Las Vegas:
  • Hugo’s Cellar at the Four Queens.
  • Golden Steer Steakhouse.
  • Piero’s Italian (Coach Tarkanian had dinner there everyday).
  • Batista’s Hole in the Wall.

Can confirm on Batista's. It's right behind the Flamingo and that is where we stay.

Neat old Vegas vibe.
All you can drink wine.
Plus the world's oldest accordian player if he is still there!

Reactions: I@ST1

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Can confirm on Batista's. It's right behind the Flamingo and that is where we stay.

Neat old Vegas vibe.
All you can drink wine.
Plus the world's oldest accordian player if he is still there!

No way that guy is still alive, he was 95 years old 10 years ago.

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Is anybody interested in going in on a cabana at the Circa at their new Stadium Swim? It looks like it could be about $250, but you get to have reserve seating at the pool and the $250 is a credit toward drinks and food for the 5 hours you can be there. Was thinking about doing this from about 11am to 4pm on Saturday before the game.

PM me if anybody would be interested.