cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
SF had 4 guys get hurt:

LB: Greenlaw (out)
TE: Kittle (returned)
WR: Deebo (returned)
RG: Feliciano (not sure if he returned or not)
The only one to come back and make a few plays. The rest were hugely ineffective.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Brock has only been a starter for less than 2 NFL seasons. It has been widely said that the game really starts to slow down for players in their 3rd or 4th season. Brock is going to get better. He is already likely ahead of that learning curve, but he will get more dangerous.

That does not guarantee him anything. He may never get to play in a Super Bowl again (aka Dan Marino)... but I do like his chances to get back and maybe win one. He's a good guy, and I want to see a good guy finish first for a change.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Brock has only been a starter for less than 2 NFL seasons. It has been widely said that the game really starts to slow down for players in their 3rd or 4th season. Brock is going to get better. He is already likely ahead of that learning curve, but he will get more dangerous.

That does not guarantee him anything. He may never get to play in a Super Bowl again (aka Dan Marino)... but I do like his chances to get back and maybe win one. He's a good guy, and I want to see a good guy finish first for a change.
It will be interesting to see how SF manages the salary cap when it’s time to renew Purdy’s contract. I just don’t see how they come up with the money to keep everyone happy

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
It will be interesting to see how SF manages the salary cap when it’s time to renew Purdy’s contract. I just don’t see how they come up with the money to keep everyone happy
They are rolling over $37 million next year and are still projected to have almost no cap space. Chances are they're going to restructure some contracts, but that will push more cap hits to the future. Will they be able to keep the team around Brock before he even gets a chance to sign for big money? Then Bosa has big cap hits in '26 & '27. Lynch is going to have to earn his GM paycheck to keep the good times rolling in SF.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
They are rolling over $37 million next year and are still projected to have almost no cap space. Chances are they're going to restructure some contracts, but that will push more cap hits to the future. Will they be able to keep the team around Brock before he even gets a chance to sign for big money? Then Bosa has big cap hits in '26 & '27. Lynch is going to have to earn his GM paycheck to keep the good times rolling in SF.
They were built to win last year and held this year together. Every year it will keep getting tougher.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
SF gave Mahomes 8 points (muffed punt and blocked EP). Plus injuries. Still the game came down to two plays, had SF made just 1 would’ve won the game. The 3rd and 4 and the 4th and 1.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
I guess I disagree. You give Mahommes 4 downs he's going to move the ball. I also think if the Chiefs go first and score a touchdown, you just plan on going for 2 if you score one as well. Not knowing what you have to do puts you at a monumental disadvantage.
Exactly. The game plan is to take the ball out of Mahomes. But going first makes sure you put the ball into Mahomes hands on a fourth down.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
SF traded 4 draft picks for McCaffrey and used him sparingly when the game could have been won in the third quarter and did not use him on the 3rd and 4. Also, you know KC’s only chance of winning was put pressure on Purdy on that down. KC had the right play drawn up for their winning TD. You think this is the type of situation you prepare for and are ready to unload on KC. Not very much imagination or anticipation from the SF OC when he needed it most on that down or on the third down near the goal line.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Let's not forget about the real loser tonight. The "Tracker" TV premiere that had to start after 10pm central, 11pm eastern.
I was pretty intent on the game, but yeah, the lead in not as good that late. They didn't count on an OT game.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Especially if Kelce breaks Andy Reid’s hip.
Any more said about the Kelce flareup on Coach?

I suppose all is well since the Chiefs won, but still.

Kelce's temper has sometimes gotten the better of him. Alpha players sometimes have alpha temper. I wonder if Reed will let it slide?

• Puke
  • Dumb
Reactions: MJ29 and nrg4isu

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Any more said about the Kelce flareup on Coach?

I suppose all is well since the Chiefs won, but still.

Kelce's temper has sometimes gotten the better of him. Alpha players sometimes have alpha temper. I wonder if Reed will let it slide?
I think he was just mad he wasn't in the game after the other TE (forgot who) did a lousy job of blocking on a possible first down play.
They could get mad at him for being way too rough but can't fault him for wanting to be in the game. I don't think Reed is going to have a problem.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think he was just mad he wasn't in the game after the other TE (forgot who) did a lousy job of blocking on a possible first down play.
They could get mad at him for being way too rough but can't fault him for wanting to be in the game. I don't think Reed is going to have a problem.

I'd guess it's part of their relationship which is not what outsiders know about.

Kelce's a meat head but it's not like Reed hasn't known that side of him.

Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I'm a Chiefs and Kelce fan. I can understand his fire and his wanting to be in the game, especially being emotional after a big TO.

I do think he went too far and will learn from it. He is lucky that Reed will likely shrug it off. Initially, post game, I think that's what he did.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I'd guess it's part of their relationship which is not what outsiders know about.

Kelce's a meat head but it's not like Reed hasn't known that side of him.
Haha! But he's our meathead.

Well put. And just think, Kelce's behavior has improved over the years (temper).

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net

And they won't be paying Purdy much for the next 2 years so they can afford upgrades on the o-line.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
And they won't be paying Purdy much for the next 2 years so they can afford upgrades on the o-line.
They will have to resign Purdy after next season, too much of a risk to allow him to play his 4th season on his original contract because he could walk away after that season and the 9ers are left looking for a QB. If they think Purdy is the future and it sounds like they do, they will lock him up after his 3rd year in the league.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
They will have to resign Purdy after next season, too much of a risk to allow him to play his 4th season on his original contract because he could walk away after that season and the 9ers are left looking for a QB. If they think Purdy is the future and it sounds like they do, they will lock him up after his 3rd year in the league.
Yup, and they know if he does decent next year, he's a minimum $40mil contract. I don't see Brock being greedy to the detriment of the entire roster like Dak and others have been, but if Dak is going to get the rumored $55-65mil this offseason, Brock has a lot of leverage.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Yup, and they know if he does decent next year, he's a minimum $40mil contract. I don't see Brock being greedy to the detriment of the entire roster like Dak and others have been, but if Dak is going to get the rumored $55-65mil this offseason, Brock has a lot of leverage.
I can't believe anyone thinks Dak is worth that amount of money.

Way to guarantee that Dallas remains good and not great.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I can see SF locking him up for the 4th year with a contract for that year after this year like the Packers did with love. Hit him with 10-15MM and I think it would be good for both. That’s life security money, then push for the BIG money in year 5.

Reactions: Jer

Help Support Us

Become a patron