***Official Super Bowl Game Thread***

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I think both Debo and Kittle had injuries where if this was a regular season game they would not have returned.

Winning and losing is a small margin. Punt fumble, blocked PAT changed game
I will never understand the 49ers decision to roll with a rookie kicker with a super bowl roster. I get he was a great college kicker, but it's a different pressure in the NFL.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
I think both Debo and Kittle had injuries where if this was a regular season game they would not have returned.

Winning and losing is a small margin. Punt fumble, blocked PAT...

Deebo always seems to have hammy issues. Given he went down during the game I can easily see that. Kittle also left the game for a bit so it's fair to think he was nursing an injury as well.

Regardless of the reasons those players didn't give the 49ers much. That punt was a tough break that sometimes happens. Hit the back of the guy's foot when he probably didn't have the time (or could even hear his teammate) to get out of the way. Probably the toughest break the Niners had all game.

Reactions: fsanford

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Winning and losing is a small margin. Punt fumble, blocked PAT changed game
SF had a lineman and a Dback get hurt. Didn’t look if the lineman returned and they never showed the Dbacks so I have no idea if he did or didn’t.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Chiefs were badly missing Omenihu. Their front 7 was so much better with him out there.
Yeah, plus the depth just wasn't there. Their pass rush with Dana, Karlaftis, Jones and Omenihu is really good. But they did get 11 QB hits I think. Purdy did a good job of not taking sacks and getting the ball out even when there was pressure.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Just watched it again, but that 3rd and 4 play call was perfect, had a wide open receiver on the backside for a touchdown, but they blitzed and the line ****** up protection so Purdy had .5 seconds before he had to throw it away.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
49ers were weak at OL, DB, and K most of the season. Those positions were an issue last night too.

I thought many of the 49ers stars looked tired and/or beat up last night. They didn't have their normal explosive look to them.
Not in the first half. Niners had much better energy and speed.

Hardman's catch was the only really impressive thing KC did in the half.

Niners should have stuck with the run in 2nd half and they win.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Just watched it again, but that 3rd and 4 play call was perfect, had a wide open receiver on the backside for a touchdown, but they blitzed and the line ****** up protection so Purdy had .5 seconds before he had to throw it away.
Wasn't it to Deebo?

Yeah, he catches that it changes everything.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I also can't believe how often the 9ers went empty backfield making it easy for the Chiefs to T off on Purdy
That's long been the complaint of Shanahan's offense.

And also what got Brock hurt last year in Philly.

To get people so wide open, San Fran leaves the QB exposed.

Reactions: ZRF

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
In my opinion, this guy won the game for the Chiefs. His blitz packages were dialed in at the exact right time every single time

Agreed.

He basically challenged SF the entire 3rd quarter to beat them in blitz/cover zero situations. Time and time agains the NIners came up empty. Maybe my biggest critique is he got away from it in the 4th quarter. SF never really showed they could counter it the entire game.

I will be honest, I thought Spags was trash a few years ago, thinking he wasn't aggressive enough, especially since the Chiefs struggled to get pressure. This year I thought he did an excellent job, though having studs at multiple levels helps with that tremendously.

I'm going to call it now, but if healthy Bolton will be a first team All Pro player next year. He's had several near misses, like that lateral pass, where he reads it and either takes a bad angle or does 1 little thing not quite right. But man, his reads and instincts are next level. He was great this year but I think he really puts it together next and gets the recognition he deserves.

These last 4 or so years the Chiefs have knocked their back 7 draft picks out of the ******* park.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
How do you get hurt simply going onto the field?

That's like getting fired on your day off...........
Achilles injury, was jumping up and down and when he took off you could see something happen. He is they guy who covered Kelce. Kelce did nothing with him in but then took off when he went out.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu and ZRF

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
That's long been the complaint of Shanahan's offense.

And also what got Brock hurt last year in Philly.

To get people so wide open, San Fran leaves the QB exposed.

There's that and the fact his plays often take time. All of that motion and misdirection requires a certain amount of time to make that work. If those are 3 second plays but the QB has 1-2 that's a problem. That happened frequently last night.

Reactions: joefrog