On to Kansas State...

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Hard to score when you don’t have the ball.
I’m expecting 6-7 possessions for the whole game. We better take advantage of them. This will be a fast game too

Why can't ISU's defense do something to change that? As far as the up-tempo teams go, ISU has a scheme that has been pretty successful at disrupting that type of offense. By KSU isn't up-tempo. Why can't ISU implement a few things to disrupt the kind of scheme that KSU runs, and thus get more possessions for the ISU offense? That's what UT's defense did to ISU, via the constant blitzing. Why does ISU have to sit back and let KSU dictate what happens?

What you are basically saying is that KSU's offense is better than ISU's defense, because ISU won't be able to disrupt what KSU does.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Why can't ISU's defense do something to change that? As far as the up-tempo teams go, ISU has a scheme that has been pretty successful at disrupting that type of offense. By KSU isn't up-tempo. Why can't ISU implement a few things to disrupt the kind of scheme that KSU runs, and thus get more possessions for the ISU offense? That's what UT's defense did to ISU, via the constant blitziing. Why does ISU have to sit back and let KSU dictate what happens?

What you are basically saying is that KSU's offense is better than ISU's defense, because ISU won't be able to disrupt what KSU does.

Kansas State's two QBs have completion percentages of 57.5 and 55%. They are also averaging below 7 yards per attempt. Their TD to Int ratios aren't great either (6:4 and 2:2). They both run the ball as does their good RB, Barnes. The key to stopping them is to key on the run and dare their average (or poorer) passing game to beat you.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Why can't ISU's defense do something to change that? As far as the up-tempo teams go, ISU has a scheme that has been pretty successful at disrupting that type of offense. By KSU isn't up-tempo. Why can't ISU implement a few things to disrupt the kind of scheme that KSU runs, and thus get more possessions for the ISU offense? That's what UT's defense did to ISU, via the constant blitzing. Why does ISU have to sit back and let KSU dictate what happens?

Texas has the 18th most efficient offense in the country while KSU has the 88th most efficient offense in the country. ISU has the 17th most efficient defense in the country. The KSU offense shouldn't worry anyone.

I mention Texas because people are freaking out about how our defense looked Saturday. Texas has a great offense.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I'm glad there has not been any emotional retirement news this week out of Manhattan. We can go back to the expectation the old fart will call it quits in August so his 'kid' has a chance.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Kansas State's two QBs have completion percentages of 57.5 and 55%. They are also averaging below 7 yards per attempt. Their TD to Int ratios aren't great either (6:4 and 2:2). They both run the ball as does their good RB, Barnes. The key to stopping them is to key on the run and dare their average (or poorer) passing game to beat you.

I agree with that. But there seems to be this sentiment floating about now that ISU won't be able to do that, or won't be willing to adapt that strategy. I don't understand why people are thinking this.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I agree with that. But there seems to be this sentiment floating about now that ISU won't be able to do that, or won't be willing to adapt that strategy. I don't understand why people are thinking that.
ISU has added different wrinkles to that defense for every game. I'm not sure what they attempted for Texas because I could only listen to the game. I have no doubt that Heacock will have something cooked up for purple kansas.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa

Iowa does the same thing. It’s difficult to play against and generally keeps the games close.

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy

INTENSE_CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2018
All streaks have a beginning and an END!

C'mon Cyclones! Just WIN!

ghettocowboy4cy

Oct 27, 2013
giphy.gif

Snyder to the refs for his last game.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Iowa does the same thing. It’s difficult to play against and generally keeps the games close.

ISU had 11 possessions in the game against Iowa (ISU's lowest point output), and for comparison, 15 against OkSU (ISU's highest point output). TT had 12 possessions against KSU last week, and the week before, KU had 12 possessions against KSU. I'm not sure where you are getting this 6-7 possession thing from...

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I'm glad there has not been any emotional retirement news this week out of Manhattan. We can go back to the expectation the old fart will call it quits in August so his 'kid' has a chance.

I don't recall anything last year either, though. It was just assumed, right?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
ISU had 11 possessions in the game against Iowa (ISU's lowest point output), and for comparison, 15 against OkSU (ISU's highest point output). TT had 12 possessions against KSU last week, and the week before, KU had 12 possessions against KSU. I'm not sure where you are getting this 6-7 possession thing from...

Reality x rampant pessimism = 6-7 possessions

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
Guess the forecast could be worse. Just hope it stays dry.

Sat Night

Showers Early

-- /26°
30%
  • Humidity: 87%
  • Wind: N 13 mph
  • UV Index: 0 of 10
  • Moonrise: 6:23 pm
  • Moonset: 8:34 am
  • Moonphase: Waning Gibbous
  • A few showers early with overcast skies late. Low 26F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
We're a two TD favorite for a reason

Being a favorite doesnt mean you are going to win.....hillbilly bill will copy what texass did and go home with another win at our expense....I will believe we will beat kstate and hillbilly bill after I see all zeroes on the scoreboard and we are leading......

Go Cyclones and Upset the Wildcats

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Being a favorite doesnt mean you are going to win.....hillbilly bill will copy what texass did and go home with another win at our expense....I will believe we will beat kstate and hillbilly bill after I see all zeroes on the scoreboard and we are leading......

Go Cyclones and Upset the Wildcats

Literally impossible. KSU doesn't have a single player on either side of the ball that would start for Texas.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Time to drive the stake into the Vampire of ISU's FB heart. I appreciate what Snyder has done at KState, but after last yrs screw over lets beat that team to a pulp. 10 yrs is too freakin long.
A friend predicted black uniforms and helmets, with a garlic necklace. I am bring wooden stakes and a hammer to our tailgate. Go clones!

Help Support Us

Become a patron