On to Kansas State...

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I am. I don't know how you can watch last Saturday's games and not see two programs trending in opposite directions. When everyone was writing off the Wildcats mid season, I saw the back half of their schedule and ****ing knew they'd beat us for bowl eligibility. It's like the football Gods love plotting out the same cosmic joke on ISU every fall.

How much money did you make betting Mizzou in basketball?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I am. I don't know how you can watch last Saturday's games and not see two programs trending in opposite directions. When everyone was writing off the Wildcats mid season, I saw the back half of their schedule and ****ing knew they'd beat us for bowl eligibility. It's like the football Gods love plotting out the same cosmic joke on ISU every fall.

K state played a team that has quit,
and is on their 3rd qb. Iowa State played the most physically talented team in the league on a big night with everything to play for.

Yeah, totally the same.

Reactions: BCClone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Source?

I'm bullish on our basketball team. The freshmen class is one of the best we've had.

I was just kidding. I assumed if you were overreacting over our Texas loss you were one of the many on here that thought there was no way we could beat Mizzou

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I don't normally "overreact." I'm just so ****ing sick of K State, and the same bull**** is playing out again at the end of the season. Wish we could have played them in October.

Just remember last year they literally had to have the refs cheat to win the game. It’s going to be ok.

Trust the process.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Our defense seems so "open". Players are all over the field 10 yds from the line of scrimmage, save the 3 down linemen, (who seem only to occupy space.) Our opponents catch the ball in open field. I get the bend, don't break, but significantly increases their TOP. KSU will coach their QB's to hold onto the ball forever, it if takes that to get an open receiver. Texas did that. KSU did that last year.

We're still the best defense in the Big 12. You can certainly argue that adjustments were needed against UT, but it's hard to argue with the overall results. The defense did not lose that game, and K State is mediocre offensively at best, and does not have the quarterback, nor the other skill players that Texas had.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
We're still the best defense in the Big 12. You can certainly argue that adjustments were needed against UT, but it's hard to argue with the overall results. The defense did not lose that game, and K State is mediocre offensively at best, and does not have the quarterback, nor the other skill players that Texas had.
Not to mention that ISU is beat up right now on defense. Between losing Enyi, Datrone Young, and most recently Payne.

That isn't even including the wear and tear on "healthy" players.

Texas is the most physically talented team in the conference, mixed with that game being a buzz saw for ISU.

I compare that game to the ISU game for WVU. Just wasn't happening on that particular night.... it can happen to any team.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Seems kinda high, but maybe that's just the over-protective reaction from the recent kick to the groin.

Having said that, I hope we take out all frustrations on the Fighting Snyders, and wipe them up and down the hallway. Would love something like the WVU game.

I want more than the WV game. That game should have been like 42-7 without penalties and a special teams botch.

I think ISU's scrambling a bit right now but this would be the perfect week to have their best game.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Our defense seems so "open". Players are all over the field 10 yds from the line of scrimmage, save the 3 down linemen, (who seem only to occupy space.) Our opponents catch the ball in open field. I get the bend, don't break, but significantly increases their TOP. KSU will coach their QB's to hold onto the ball forever, it if takes that to get an open receiver. Texas did that. KSU did that last year.

WV did that this year.....

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Oh for goodness sake. One loss doesn’t not make a trend. For all of our faults in the Baylor and Kansas teams we still beat both handily. I hope the players do not have the loser mentality that you do. If they do, they will lose.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Hard to score when you don’t have the ball.
I’m expecting 6-7 possessions for the whole game. We better take advantage of them. This will be a fast game too

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
  • Informative
Reactions: aauummm and CTTB78

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Disappointment against Texas aside, this is still a big game for us. Exercise the KSU demons of years passed, and hope we can somehow sneak into the Alamo Bowl. I'm trying hard to keep everything in perspective. Saturday sucked. But we've come so far in 3 years and the future is bright. It's all a part of the beloved "process".
tenor.gif

Exercising demon