On to Kansas State...

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I do think the defensive scheme needs to adjust for this game. ISU may need to switch to a 4 lineman look. KSU will be looking to pound the ball, and I see no reason not to load the box and play man to man against their anemic passing game.

The 3-3-5 has been great over the last year but I think opponents have found some areas that can be exploited and Texas took full advantage of those:
  1. QB Draws
  2. Depending on where d-ends line up dictates running up the middle or off tackle
  3. Flair passes to backs
I would like to see us mix up defense between 3-3-5 and 4-2-5. Our defensive line is a strength. Going with Leo, Lima, Johnson and Bailey IMO would be stout team against the run. In passing situations, sub out Lima for a quicker guy.

80sClone

Dec 29, 2014
"A complete bust" it won't be, another missed opportunity? Of course. And that's just.. how it is to be an ISU fan.

Of course, the eternal hope is that there will be more opportunities now rather than in the past, when opportunities came once every 10 years or so, and if you didn't capitalize, well, then that's it. Arrow seems to be pointed upwards, hopefully it stays that way.

Yes a bit over reactive about complete bust but will be severely disappointing after our run. We've learned a lot about some Freshman and Sophomores on the squad so that's a positive. But we are home and a better team with more to fight for than KSU. We owe K State a serious beatdown. They have inflicted more late season pain on us since the early 80s than any other team.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
For those of you who are “scared” by various factors, please allow me to point out something pretty simple.

This is not your father’s K-Statemobile.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Yes a bit over reactive about complete bust but will be severely disappointing after our run. We've learned a lot about some Freshman and Sophomores on the squad so that's a positive. But we are home and a better team with more to fight for than KSU. We owe K State a serious beatdown. They have inflicted more late season pain on us since the early 80s than any other team.

I would say they have more to play for since we are already bowl eligible.

80sClone

Dec 29, 2014
I would say they have more to play for since we are already bowl eligible.

I would say given the quality of bowls we've been to since 2000 ... we have more to play for. Reward fans for staying loyal. Cheerier winter carry over. Recruiting edge. K State has had their cake and eaten it too ...

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Bad feeling. Will come down to last possession again.

The biggest problem with playing grandpa snyder is that he will keep the mildcats into the game until the bitter end...meaning whoever loses will be hung with another "Bitter Loss"......

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Kinda feel the same. Each of the last three games, progressively, teams have adjusted to Purdy and to our defensive scheme. Subtract big super plays by Butler and there's not much left. Kansas is Kansas and Baylor couldn't convert when they needed to while Texas did. Kansas State will too. I REALLY want to win next week but seriously do not think we will, probably going to be something like 17-10.
I agree BoxCy it will be a One Score Game as usual...I'm hoping for the best.....GO Cyclones

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I think the ISU defense will do their part. It will come down to ISU's offense, and more specifically, the coaching. If KSU can disrupt or fluster the original offensive game plan, like Texas, TCU, and Iowa did, is ISU going to make adjustments, or just plug away with what isn't working. As far as flustering the ISU offense, Baylor and KU had a plan but didn't have the horses to pull it off, but KSU is better than both of those teams.

As has already been pointed out, the novelty of Purdy is gone. Yes, the UT defense has high-level athletes, but they also seemed to be well schooled in what ISU was going to do on offense, and I think that is disconcerting.

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
Pretty sure the team will be more than ready after last years BS. I don't think the refs are gonna hand KState this game two years in a row. If everything is on the level ISU wins comfortably. I hope we get a better crowd than Baylor. Our fan base needs to start planning on going to games in November in the future.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Assuming by under you mean bet Kansas State? I'm not touching this game but if I was I'd take us and give up the points. We should roll them
Yea I would probably bet KSU but I can understand why someone wouldn’t want to. I think we win by 10.

• Friendly
Reactions: CyTwins

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I think the ISU defense will do their part. It will come down to ISU's offense, and more specifically, the coaching. If KSU can disrupt or fluster the original offensive game plan, like Texas, TCU, and Iowa did, is ISU going to make adjustments, or just plug away with what isn't working. As far as flustering the ISU offense, Baylor and KU had a plan but didn't have the horses to pull it off, but KSU is better than both of those teams.

As has already been pointed out, the novelty of Purdy is gone. Yes, the UT defense has high-level athletes, but they also seemed to be well schooled in what ISU was going to do on offense, and I think that is disconcerting.

This is just silly. And really wrong.

There was no running back playing to start the game they had to respect, they played up on the line and pinned their ears back and came after the freshman. The wide receivers were single covered most of the game, but there was never any consistent protection from the o line to ever really take advantage of that.

They dominated the line of scrimmage because the o line is very much still a work in progress, and when Brock tried to improvise it fed into their superior speed and athleticism, and they ran him down.

The tackling and angles were atrocious. You want to complain about coaching, that’s the side of the ball to start with.

Texas is very very very seldom out talented. They saw a path to the championship game open up for them with okie state winning. It was the 500th game in the stadium complete with fireworks show after the game. It was senior night as well. They were motivated, and they won the game way more than Iowa State lost it.