On to Kansas State...

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Probably going to be the last home game of the year. Would love for these seniors to get one last win before the bowl game.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
KSU beat OSU and Tech at home.
FIFY. And that not only applies to how much better the Wildcats play at home, but how poorly both of those teams have played on the road most of the year.
Oh—and Tech was missing Bowman.

Yeah, the game is in Ames. KSU hasn’t played the best on the he road, either.
So if people root the team on from home we don’t deserve success? That’s plain stupid.
Listen. It’ll be an ok crowd. Not an embarrassment but it won’t be anywhere close to full. Low 50s probably.
Funny story. After CW’s article, I was looking at the stats on that 2000 9-3 season. I was kinda shocked to see that a “good”crowd for home conference games was 36-38,000.

So, I gotta say. If 50K or so still show up Saturday despite all the complications of the holiday weekend (forecast right now is 47 degrees), anyone who thinks that Cyclone fans “don’t deserve” a winner just because a few thousand don’t show up is clueless.

IMO, of course.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
And we beat OSU and Tech. It goes both ways.

All I read about is how much our defense sucked against Kansas. We gave up 3 points and Oklahoma gave up 40.

OU's defense is awful that's for sure. They have no business being in the playoff, they'd get destroyed. KU was tearing them up last night, just gouging them with the run when I was watching.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I do think the defensive scheme needs to adjust for this game. ISU may need to switch to a 4 lineman look. KSU will be looking to pound the ball, and I see no reason not to load the box and play man to man against their anemic passing game.

Agree. Heacock knows the old fart will run the QB, a lot. He'll have them ready.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If we lose then this season will have been a complete bust other than finding our QB for the future. Losing isnt an option here. Will severely taint any bowl we play. If Campbell is the coach everyone says he is then a loss wont play out.

Reality is that the team was picked at 5.5 wins or something in August and surpassed it, which in September didn't seem all that likely.

The opportunity was lost so that's a disappointment, however 8-4 is possible and would be great. Need to salvage some things together for next week though for what will likely be a weird game.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I'm not gonna lie, I've had this game circled since before the season even started. I want our guys to avenge the screw job from last year and destroy this opponent more than anyone else on the schedule, including Iowa. We've lost so many close games to K-State over the years that should have been wins. I'll never, ever get over last year's garbage-ass officiating that cost us the game. I've never seen a more egregious display of officiating bias than in that game, even at Smog Allen Fieldhouse.

I know our players shouldn't be playing with vengeance on the mind, as it can cause mistakes on the field by being hyped up by it, but god dammit, I have to believe these guys remember how that win was stolen from them last year and want to repay them with an ass kicking.

I'll be in the stands on Saturday night, hoping to get tickets way down by the field. And if Reggie Smith is there he's going to hear it from me all game long.

Anyway, let's send Snyder off into the sunset with a loss. The way it should be for him and all the wins he's stolen from us.

ILikeBacon

Apr 1, 2013
Exactly. While we all love packed stands, I am confident that we'd be in the top 1/4 attendance-wise of all teams (with W/L record similar to ours) playing at home next Saturday.

OSU had a pitiful display of attendance yesterday at home against a Top 10 team in a game in which they won.

I won’t be happy with the attendance next Saturday, but it will probably be better than OSU’s was yesterday.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
From what I saw yesterday, K-States attendance was pretty bad too. Still, I'd hope we can have a good crowd on senior day. Weather supposed to be decent.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
My main concern going into this game is, now KSU needs only this game to be bowl eligible. It is "another" last game or farewell game for Snyder, so everyone in the Big XII and the officials will be doing anything they can in their power to make sure they send him away with another win. Ultimately, we should win this game, if it is not stolen from us.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
If we lose then this season will have been a complete bust other than finding our QB for the future. Losing isnt an option here. Will severely taint any bowl we play. If Campbell is the coach everyone says he is then a loss wont play out.

"A complete bust" it won't be, another missed opportunity? Of course. And that's just.. how it is to be an ISU fan.

Of course, the eternal hope is that there will be more opportunities now rather than in the past, when opportunities came once every 10 years or so, and if you didn't capitalize, well, then that's it. Arrow seems to be pointed upwards, hopefully it stays that way.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I made no reference to being a "bad team." Simply less-certain about about what to expect vs. KSU.

What has happened when we've played Kansas State level teams this season? We've beaten them. Losing on the road to a good team doesn't take anything away from the fact that we've beaten plenty of teams that are as good as Kansas State. Nothing that happened last night changes that.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Is Bill actually coaching this game? Just a couple weeks ago on here I saw a thread where the "experts" had inside information that he was resigning that week. I think the source said that someone within the K-State athletic department said he was stepping down but the deal with Sean being the next coach was holding things up.

I purposely kept my mouth shut, just sat back and laughed at all the disinformation being thrown around.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
This isn’t a horrible KState team, they lost to TCU by 1, Baylor by 3, Texas by 5. OU and Miss St rushed very well against them. So I think the RPO will help us out with that. Maybe get some nice short screen passes in there.

Reactions: khardbored