On to Kansas State...

83cy

May 14, 2006
This is just silly. And really wrong.

There was no running back playing to start the game they had to respect, they played up on the line and pinned their ears back and came after the freshman. The wide receivers were single covered most of the game, but there was never any consistent protection from the o line to ever really take advantage of that.

They dominated the line of scrimmage because the o line is very much still a work in progress, and when Brock tried to improvise it fed into their superior speed and athleticism, and they ran him down.

The tackling and angles were atrocious. You want to complain about coaching, that’s the side of the ball to start with.

Texas is very very very seldom out talented. They saw a path to the championship game open up for them with okie state winning. It was the 500th game in the stadium complete with fireworks show after the game. It was senior night as well. They were motivated, and they won the game way more than Iowa State lost it.

ISU had DM in the second half and scored one TD from the 15? yard line, he didn't make much of a difference. KSU will chew up clock and limit touches, this game will be close.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
You panzies better show up I don't care how cold it is I'll be there

Just kidding .I'll be chillin down here in phx watching in 70 degree weather.
I really hope they come out pissed off and ready to make Gpa pay the price for a dozen crushing past losses. Vengance!

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
If we tell ourselves " nothing we could have done different. (Just) got beat, by a very good Texas team", then we have watched a preview of the KSU game. Am plenty scared. .

Every ISU fan should be "Plenty Scared", since billy bob snyder has owned us since he stepped foot on the campus in Manhattan KS......

Its way past time to drive a golden stake thru the heart of the KState football program and begin making them our whipping boy.....

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I think we still win but that seems like an easy bet to take the under.
I agree because snyder has a real Hard One for Iowa State who of course turned him down for the Head Coaching position at ISU....If Raisin Seed Face Fry would have stayed out of it snyder would have probably gotten the job and we would have not stayed home from bowl games for 22 years.....This is snyders last chance for a bowl berth and I remember the Mizzou game with a championship berth on the line for us and we blew it.....I sincerely hope it doesnt happen saturday....and remember GO CYCLONES

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
If you are nervous about this game, show up and bring your friends and family to help make a difference.

• Agree
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Only ******** would stay home after this week. I guess we will find out how many Iowa State fans are ********.

What if people have Thanksgiving plans for the weekend that interfere? There are a few things that could keep someone from going, my family is planning on attending, but i understand why some may not be able to. Grab stiff drink, or a coffee if you don't drink, and just relax a bit jsb.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
ISU had DM in the second half and scored one TD from the 15? yard line, he didn't make much of a difference. KSU will chew up clock and limit touches, this game will be close.

I’m not sure what you are trying to say. None of that was in what I posted. Just tired of people not understanding context in their attempts to complain about everything. Amazingly, nary a peep was heard from them between the tcu and the West Virginia games. But when the injuries and other issues became apparent, they came running back to tell us all about them. Many, like in the post I quoted, lacked any context or even honesty.

But to address your post, you don’t see the difference between starting the game, and coming in with a 14 point deficit?

The big 12 isn’t very good this year. K State is struggling to be bowl eligible. Iowa State is better.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Disappointment against Texas aside, this is still a big game for us. Exercise the KSU demons of years passed, and hope we can somehow sneak into the Alamo Bowl. I'm trying hard to keep everything in perspective. Saturday sucked. But we've come so far in 3 years and the future is bright. It's all a part of the beloved "process".

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Kansas State holds the longest winning streak over ISU in the BigXII.

KState Wins:
Chizik: 1
Rhoads: 0
Campbell: 0

This is KState's worst team in 10+ years and they still have a chance to win on Saturday. I think this could also be the scariest KState team as they need this game to be bowl eligible. They have everything to play for. ISU is no longer in contention for a BigXII title, no longer up for New Years 6. This could be a very dangerous game for ISU.

EDIT: Chiz did indeed Chiz the Mildcats. Tough as Rain Gene Chizik!

Last edited:

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com

KState Wins:
Chizik: 0

This is KState's worst team in 10+ years and they still have a chance to win on Saturday. I think this could also be the scariest KState team as they need this game to be bowl eligible. They have everything to play for. ISU is no longer in contention for a BigXII title, no longer up for New Years 6. This could be a very dangerous game for ISU.

Chizik beat them.

Kansas & Baylor drew up the blue print for beating Iowa State and Texas perfected it: blitz Purdy every down and pound the ball right into the teeth of our defense. Kansas State is more than capable of doing exactly that. The stands will be empty and the ****ing Wildcats will celebrate bowl eligibility on our ****ing field. Saw this coming weeks ago. God Damn it. :mad:

ElephantPie

Aug 17, 2011

KState Wins:
Chizik: 0

Chizik had ISU's last win vs KSU in 2007. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa_State–Kansas_State_football_rivalry . It wasn't against a Bill coached KSU but it was still a win over KSU.

• Informative
Reactions: Cybyassociation

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
From what I've seen, K State has a pretty good defense and not a great offense. I think our defense pretty much shuts them down, so as long as we don't give them turnovers and short fields, I think we'll win. ISU 27-10
Our defense seems so "open". Players are all over the field 10 yds from the line of scrimmage, save the 3 down linemen, (who seem only to occupy space.) Our opponents catch the ball in open field. I get the bend, don't break, but significantly increases their TOP. KSU will coach their QB's to hold onto the ball forever, it if takes that to get an open receiver. Texas did that. KSU did that last year.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Only ******** would stay home after this week. I guess we will find out how many Iowa State fans are ********.

I was one of those pussys and wussed out going to the Baylor game. I ain't wussing out watching Iowa State finally kick KSU's ass. I will be there.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Sounds like you should bet KSU big then

I am. I don't know how you can watch last Saturday's games and not see two programs trending in opposite directions. When everyone was writing off the Wildcats mid season, I saw the back half of their schedule and ****ing knew they'd beat us for bowl eligibility. It's like the football Gods love plotting out the same cosmic joke on ISU every fall.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron