On to Kansas State...

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I was at Baylor until the bitter end. I just don’t worry about attendance figures. Revenue is already collected. If people choose not to go..so be it.

And I think that fans that don't show up because it is the Saturday after Thanksgiving or because we lost yesterday or because it is cold are lazy fans and don't deserve success.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I do think the defensive scheme needs to adjust for this game. ISU may need to switch to a 4 lineman look. KSU will be looking to pound the ball, and I see no reason not to load the box and play man to man against their anemic passing game.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I keep getting the same feeling about this football team as the basketball team that lost to Hampton - it's like CMC has wrung everything out of this team and there's nothing left - hope CMC proves me wrong.

Kinda feel the same. Each of the last three games, progressively, teams have adjusted to Purdy and to our defensive scheme. Subtract big super plays by Butler and there's not much left. Kansas is Kansas and Baylor couldn't convert when they needed to while Texas did. Kansas State will too. I REALLY want to win next week but seriously do not think we will, probably going to be something like 17-10.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I feel like this will be a close game throughout the game. K-State is improved and our defense is beat up. I think we'll pull it out; something like 24-17

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Kinda feel the same. Each of the last three games, progressively, teams have adjusted to Purdy and to our defensive scheme. Subtract big super plays by Butler and there's not much left. Kansas is Kansas and Baylor couldn't convert when they needed to while Texas did. Kansas State will too. I REALLY want to win next week but seriously do not think we will, probably going to be something like 17-10.

The plays by butler still count.

Reactions: khardbored

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
The big problem is that Schneider seems to know what it takes to beat Iowa St. Hope not Sat, but it’s scary

• Disagree
Reactions: Aclone

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Why do you suddenly think we are such a bad team? One loss on the road to a good team isn’t crazy.
Well I mean the red flags on this team that Texas really exploited were there during the KU and Baylor games as well, those teams just weren't good enough to take advantage

KSU beat OSU and Tech, so they're no pushover. That doesn't mean we lose, but people being concerned arent off base either.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Somewhere in Manhattan, Kansas:

"Only Iowa State stands between me and bowl eligibility?"

100.webp

C'mon, Clone fans. I think our guys will step up and give us a good game.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
This game is just as big as the Texas game in my opinion and will be will be a good indication of how good the coaches are and how far the program and process has come

• Agree
Reactions: INTENSE_CY

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
OSU had a pitiful display of attendance yesterday at home against a Top 10 team in a game in which they won.

I won’t be happy with the attendance next Saturday, but it will probably be better than OSU’s was yesterday.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Well I mean the red flags on this team that Texas really exploited were there during the KU and Baylor games as well, those teams just weren't good enough to take advantage

KSU beat OSU and Tech, so they're no pushover. That doesn't mean we lose, but people being concerned arent off base either.

And we beat OSU and Tech. It goes both ways.

All I read about is how much our defense sucked against Kansas. We gave up 3 points and Oklahoma gave up 40.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Again, there's no comparison. THEY LOST TO A GOOD TEAM. REPEAT: THEY LOST TO A GOOD TEAM. There's no doubt that the defense has been shaky for a few weeks. Hopefully, they can shore that up a bit. But losing to Texas (number 15) on the road is not like losing to 2 bad teams in a row like that 2001 basketball team did. This football team had won 5 in a row. That's pretty ******* hard, no matter who you play. How many 5 game winning streaks have there been this year? Not a whole lot. Sometimes good teams just lose. You play a bad game or run up against a bad matchup. The top 25 is riddled with teams who have done just that.

I'll tell you one thing though, if the team has the same sort of idiotic attitude that that I'm reading on here, then they will lose to Kansas State. Luckily I think the dumbest player on that team is a lot smarter than the majority of us.
I think you need a nap - you seem really angry.