Poll indicates likes, dislikes of Big 12 players

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Really can't argue with any of it. Our uniforms up until last season were a joke, our stadium is a joke, and Cy, although he rules online competitions, is still a birdclone. However, Cy is still ahead of that ******** Jayhawk, as well as Herbie Husker, and I can't even think of what A&M's is so it can't be too special. Bevo is cool too. :yes:

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
k-states uni's are worse then ours. Granted Jack trice isnt the best stadium its def above kansas, baylors, and kstates....How is our mascot the worse? We've only cleaned house on the whole mascot award things for the last few years.

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
There just jealous they dont have the country's best mascot

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Really can't argue with any of it. Our uniforms up until last season were a joke, our stadium is a joke, and Cy, although he rules online competitions, is still a birdclone. However, Cy is still ahead of that ******** Jayhawk, as well as Herbie Husker, and I can't even think of what A&M's is so it can't be too special. Bevo is cool too. :yes:

It's not, it's a dog. Same breed as Lassie.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Live animal mascots trump costumed human mascots any day. The possibility of a maiming makes it so.

Cycofan1

Jan 12, 2009
Re: Oklahoman's Newspaper Poll of Big12 Players

This was just posted.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
What's so special about Tech's uniforms? I'd say Texas or Mizzou have the best.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Worst mascot? How about that KSU wildcat with the huge head and the person's body? Is OU's mascot a wagon? Really? Or is it a dog? What is an Aggie and do they even have a mascot? KU's mascot looks like a Looney Tunes character...you know the one that is stupid and looks drunk all the time. And don't get me started on Lil' Red. That has to be the dumbest mascot of all.

Honestly, you can't beat Ralphie and Bevo, but after them Cy is right up with the best in the conference. As for JTS, I'm really surprised that playing at Baylor in front of 20k doesn't rank lower. Probably all those TX kids get too cold up in Iowa. Funny how supposedly tough men act like little pansies with a little cold weather. It's about time we start beating those other teams and get a little f'ing respect.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
k-states uni's are worse then ours. Granted Jack trice isnt the best stadium its def above kansas, baylors, and kstates....How is our mascot the worse? We've only cleaned house on the whole mascot award things for the last few years.

I've been to KU and KSU and I would agree that we should be above Kansas, but I'm not sure what we have over K-State. I thought the physical facility was much better than JTS, and I would imagine the fan support was incredible when they were really winning, as it is still pretty good now. And with K-State it becomes much harder for us to play up the tailgating card, as they do pretty well themselves.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
What's so special about Tech's uniforms? I'd say Texas or Mizzou have the best.

Yeah, I think Tech's are pretty lame. Now, if we'd done the smart thing and kept the '76 unis we beat Iowa in two years ago people would be saying we had the best uni's.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Since these are players, I'm curious of the visitor's locker room and indoor facilities played a major part in their thinking.

I don't know anything about them, but makes me wonder.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
"The worst mascot is the Iowa State Tornadoes, or whatever they're called." — a Big 12 South offensive player

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Yeah, I think Tech's are pretty lame. Now, if we'd done the smart thing and kept the '76 unis we beat Iowa in two years ago people would be saying we had the best uni's.
Doubtful. Most people outside Iowa State's fans thought they were ugly. They were, in fact, excellent. :yes:

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
It might be time to bring the real tornado mascot back again for a couple of games...
QFT. Show those pansy-*** southern yokels what our REAL mascot can do to 'em. It sent Colorado packing, and they're supposedly accustomed to being around awesome mascots...

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I've been to KU and KSU and I would agree that we should be above Kansas, but I'm not sure what we have over K-State. I thought the physical facility was much better than JTS, and I would imagine the fan support was incredible when they were really winning, as it is still pretty good now. And with K-State it becomes much harder for us to play up the tailgating card, as they do pretty well themselves.

I hate K-states base solely on the fact it seems like three different architects worked on the stadium, because there stands are different on each side.

Help Support Us

Become a patron