Poll indicates likes, dislikes of Big 12 players

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Our mascot sucks so badly that it was put on a national television commercial. I guess Capital One has no idea what they are doing.

BTW, that/those poll(s) are obviously worthless. For instance, everything about KSU sucks. Yet, they don't get any hate. I guess winning really does cure all.

BCforISU

Feb 17, 2008
Madison, WI
I've been to KU and KSU and I would agree that we should be above Kansas, but I'm not sure what we have over K-State. I thought the physical facility was much better than JTS, and I would imagine the fan support was incredible when they were really winning, as it is still pretty good now. And with K-State it becomes much harder for us to play up the tailgating card, as they do pretty well themselves.

Sorry but I have to disagree. The tailgating is no where near ISU's, yes people show up to tailgate there, but you can't drink legally.( I know you can but technically you aren't supposed to.) Also, we show up 6 hours before the game, they show up about 3 hours prior. Their stadium is crap in my opinion. Who wants to sit on 20 year old wood planks? My high school didn't even have it that bad! Jack Trice is in much better condition, the big difference is they are bowled in, but I still like the ISU better. ISU wins no contest in my opinion.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I just realized that this poll was taken in OK.....by a newspaper there. That's not a biased poll at all! What a waste of my time.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Sorry but I have to disagree. The tailgating is no where near ISU's, yes people show up to tailgate there, but you can't drink legally.( I know you can but technically you aren't supposed to.) Also, we show up 6 hours before the game, they show up about 3 hours prior. Their stadium is crap in my opinion. Who wants to sit on 20 year old wood planks? My high school didn't even have it that bad! Jack Trice is in much better condition, the big difference is they are bowled in, but I still like the ISU better. ISU wins no contest in my opinion.

You seem to be confusing gameday atmosphere for the stadium itself. Just about anyone in Big XII country will confirm that the Iowa State Tailgate is one of, if not the, best tailgates in the entire conference. Jack Trice Stadium? Not so much. Probably better than some other stadiums around the conference, but not by much.

Hopefully these opinions will make some fans realize that a serious facelift needs to be done to the stadium to improve its image with players (and people think the stadium currently doesn't have a negative impact on recruiting) - hopefully after the south endzone expansion JTS will be viewed in a better light.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
My wish is that our engineering college could create a small tornado inside the stadium, instantly making our mascot the biggest and most dangerous.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX

This was a poll of players, not fans.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I always thought Texas Tech's mascot was pretty lame. It looks like Yosemite Sam and the Hamburglar's love child.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
k-states uni's are worse then ours. Granted Jack trice isnt the best stadium its def above kansas, baylors, and kstates....How is our mascot the worse? We've only cleaned house on the whole mascot award things for the last few years.

You could make an argument for Jack Trice over K-State. I've never been to Baylor, but for being a private school in Texas I would think their facilities would be on the same level as a 5A high school football stadium - which in Texas are pretty nice. The last time I went to KU was in 2002 for a college visit and the guides spent about 20 minutes in Allen Fieldhouse and said "if you want to see the football field it's just up the road aways." I'm sure their tour now features Memorial Stadium, but I can't see how their facilities have surpassed Jack Trice.

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
So they polled 29 of 38... They polled 29 people... And they picked Nebraska as the best fans. Okay... I am totally disregarding this whole thing.

Now...if they polled at least half of EVERY team it might be worth something.

jl112481

Jul 25, 2007
Franklin, WI
My wish is that our engineering college could create a small tornado inside the stadium, instantly making our mascot the biggest and most dangerous.

I've seen the Chemistry Dept do something like this a while back and have always had the same thought. If we could get a small scale smoke cyclone within the stadium that you could light up for night games. That would be BA in my opinion. It would have to be big enough that it doesn't look stupid.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Doubtful. Most people outside Iowa State's fans thought they were ugly. They were, in fact, excellent. :yes:

I thought those were fantastic, and they're better than the ones they have now. Plus, you could have done the Dallas Cowboys thing and just wear white all the time.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I thought those were fantastic, and they're better than the ones they have now. Plus, you could have done the Dallas Cowboys thing and just wear white all the time.

Oh yes, then we can hear the endless complaining of how were copying another teams thing. Its the circle of life. :skeptical:

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Oh yes, then we can hear the endless complaining of how were copying another teams thing. Its the circle of life. :skeptical:

Kind of like how the hawk uni's are copied off of the Steelers?

I don't get that. Why do people care?

dmg89

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2008
West Des Moines
"The worst mascot is the Iowa State Tornadoes, or whatever they're called." — a Big 12 South offensive player

I can probably get 105-110 BCS teams mascot's right, how can he not even get all the ones in their conference?

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Kind of like how the hawk uni's are copied off of the Steelers?

I don't get that. Why do people care?

Yep, and then we would get into another iowa vs. isu ******* match because the almighty defenders of the black and gold must be right and defend anything that has to do with iowa.

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
Seriously, I think these guys polled were freshman from southern schools. No way can you claim Kansas has the second worst fans in the Big XII. Colorado would take this easily and from my encounters with KU fans they are nothing horrible at all to deal with in football.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
k-states uni's are worse then ours. Granted Jack trice isnt the best stadium its def above kansas, baylors, and kstates....How is our mascot the worse? We've only cleaned house on the whole mascot award things for the last few years.

Ive been to all three of those stadiums. I liked them all more than JTS, stricktly from a building standpoint. Adding in atmosphere is totally different.