Poll indicates likes, dislikes of Big 12 players

isu_oak

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2006
big-mercedes-tornado.jpg

From the Mercedes-Benz museum in Stuttgart.
That's awesome, but there's no way it would work outdoors with the wind whipping. Maybe a smaller version could be enclosed and mobile so it could be wheeled onto/off the field. (Someone on Rivals thought it would be cool to have the team run between cardinal and gold "cyclones" during the player enterence.)

RossHallHero

Jul 8, 2009
Do you ever notice we finish last in pretty much everything, yet we come on here and get all worked up and try to justify why there's some other team that's worse. For the most part, we finish last in most things because we should.

It's not as if the media or players have some axe to grind against Iowa State.

We just need to come to terms with the fact that we are not respected by anyone. Respect has to be earned and we've done little to earn it in our football lifetime.

We can try to justify why we should be respected, but we're just talking to ourselves.

The only way this will change is if we start winning and winning consistently.

I think it's possible that we can have 2-3 year runs of success and can build on that.

Reactions: 3GenClone

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
That actually would be pretty cool to have some small tornado generators in key areas. Shouldn't be too difficult if you're using smoke since it would help create the illusion of a great deal of air moving.

Someone get on that.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
That actually would be pretty cool to have some small tornado generators in key areas. Shouldn't be too difficult if you're using smoke since it would help create the illusion of a great deal of air moving.

Someone get on that.

AND...maybe if they used the smoke for tornadoes instead of the tunnel our players could navigate onto the field without running into any goalposts.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
I'm glad opposing players don't enjoy or feel comfortable in Jack Trice Stadium, they aren't supposed to!

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Do you ever notice we finish last in pretty much everything, yet we come on here and get all worked up and try to justify why there's some other team that's worse. For the most part, we finish last in most things because we should.

We just need to come to terms with the fact that we are not respected by anyone. Respect has to be earned and we've done little to earn it in our football lifetime.

We can try to justify why we should be respected, but we're just talking to ourselves.

I think it's possible that we can have 2-3 year runs of success and can build on that.

I agree. In fact, I think this poll helps Coach Rhoads. The anonymous players of the Big 12 have just set themselves up as Goliath and now it's time for ISU to start knocking them down!

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
I'm glad opposing players don't enjoy or feel comfortable in Jack Trice Stadium, they aren't supposed to!

Let's try to make McDonalds an official sponsor of Iowa State Athletics then!! Add in 10 Cy's and a few Ronald McDonalds and it will be McGameday!

:jimlad: Uber Jimlad....

:jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad:

clone99

Sep 14, 2007
Iowa
I think we as fans should be proud that even though we weren't voted the top 5 fans we weren't in the bottom 5 either. that is really the only thing we can truely control ourselves.

we can't control our uni's directly, or our wide open ft ball stadium that has stands a mile from the field. If they thought last years USC look was bad, that guy should have seen the Mac Carney killer tomato look with gold numbers you couldn't read from stands.

It is easy to be a good fan when you are always winning, little tougher when you finish last and second to last in conference play the last two years.

As far as the Mascot, we all know that Cy dominates every competition

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

This is spot on IMO. We haven't deserved anything better than what we've got as far as recognition goes. In fact, I'd agree right now that we should be ranked as the worst football team in the entire Big 12. Make a case why we shouldn't be? Baylor's been beating us lately. KSU has finished higher than us the last few years. Why do we think we should be better than these teams?

As far as stadiums go.... we've come a long way recently, but Jack Trice is easily one of the worst Big 12 stadiums. Our fans are better than at least half the teams in the conference, and our tailgating is also in the top tier in the conference IMO, but you could make the case that our stadium is right at the bottom or very near it.

One HUGE thing that could be done immediately is to paint the entire place. Jack Trice Stadium looks hideous as you drive by it because only the seats with the backs stand out and the rest look so faded you can't tell what color they're supposed to be anymore? How much could it cost to have all the seats look red for instance? Before we bowl anything in, we should spend some dollars on just brightening up the place a bit.