Poll indicates likes, dislikes of Big 12 players

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Our uniforms up until last season were a joke, our stadium is a joke....
But the poll was AFTER last season. I suspect that they might have been voted "worst" because the one's for some school out West look so much like them...

dmg89

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2008
West Des Moines
I'll take the Iowa State Tornadoes over the Oklahoma Indian-Swindling Land Stealers, or whatever they're called.

You know I never could figure out why they chose to be the sooners when that was supposed to be a bad thing. Just like I couldn't figure out why Indiana is the hoosiers when I was told by people in the south that it meant white trash.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
So they polled 29 of 38... They polled 29 people... And they picked Nebraska as the best fans. Okay... I am totally disregarding this whole thing.

Now...if they polled at least half of EVERY team it might be worth something.

Agreed. For all we know, only one ISU player and four Husker players could have participated in this poll.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I thought those were fantastic, and they're better than the ones they have now. Plus, you could have done the Dallas Cowboys thing and just wear white all the time.

Here's something we agree on THH, although staying in the whites all the time might seem kind of LSU wannabe and what I don't like about our current uni's are that they're kind of USC wannabe. I always thought it would be cool to go Georgia Tech and wear home golds.

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Hey, we didn't get voted worst fans which is the only one that any of us have even a miniscule amount of control over.

isu_oak

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2006
I've seen the Chemistry Dept do something like this a while back and have always had the same thought. If we could get a small scale smoke cyclone within the stadium that you could light up for night games. That would be BA in my opinion. It would have to be big enough that it doesn't look stupid.
I was just thinking the same thing. It wouldn't be a true mascot, but I would love fro ISU to show off its engineering prowess and build a few "tornado machines" throughout the stadium. The smoke (or water) could be tinted red or yellow for added effect.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
I was just thinking the same thing. It wouldn't be a true mascot, but I would love fro ISU to show off its engineering prowess and build a few "tornado machines" throughout the stadium. The smoke (or water) could be tinted red or yellow for added effect.

That would be really cool on all 4 hillsides!! (2 once the South Endzone is complete:wink:)

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Re: OUCH! Here's a poll we didn't do so well in.

MERGE... (seriously - can we please know what's been posted on this site before we start new threads already, especially since that tread is now several pages long?)

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Re: OUCH! Here's a poll we didn't do so well in.

I hate this thread.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
tornado1.jpg

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Worst uniforms is stunning. I don't think anyone in the conference has bad ones, and I thought our old ones sucked, but definitely think the new ones are really, really sharp. Must be the "USC" thing. IDK.