Shoutout Rocco Becht

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
listening to williams pod.... starts with the everyone was sick... rocco so sick puking all the halftime.... but he never got pulled... and did the post game interviews? ok dudes. lol
Interesting that Campbell placed more faith in a norovirus-infected Becht who was throwing up than Kohl.

Shoot, some athletes miss games due to “flu-like” symptoms lol

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Interesting that Campbell placed more faith in a norovirus-infected Becht who was throwing up than Kohl.

Shoot, some athletes miss games due to “flu-like” symptoms lol

I think that just shows how far away Kohl is. I never thought Kohl was that great watching his highlight reel. I like Moberly better.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Rocco has been good. Good enough to win for sure. It's really hard to fully evaluate him with our horrible oline, predictable play calling, and mediocre receivers. He's way far down on the list of things that are losing us games

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Rocco has been fine. I am concerned that we are seeing his ceiling though. I just don't think he has the tools to improve a whole lot. Hope I'm wrong. Of course, if we could get some improvement out of the line and running game that would go a long way to helping out whoever the QB is.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
He didn't look bad, the system he is in did.

Good point. And it's entirely possible that both Kohl and Becht transfer out next year. I'd actually be surprissed if either stays. Unless ISU's offensive philosophy changes fairly soon.
Or the kids love the coaches and trust them. Just because a bunch of fans have lost their **** over the results doesn't mean the team that knows what's going on behind closed doors has.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
We win if we let Rocco throw all game

More specifically if we run our competent passing sets and let him throw the ball. If we mix in enough of the 3 yard outs and some other ********, specifically ones where the route trees is devoid of middle of the field options, we may still have problems.

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
Rocco has been fine. I am concerned that we are seeing his ceiling though. I just don't think he has the tools to improve a whole lot. Hope I'm wrong. Of course, if we could get some improvement out of the line and running game that would go a long way to helping out whoever the QB is.

That's quite a judgement to make for a RS Freshman QB who's started 3 games in his career.

The problem I see is that our QB (everyone) literally has to play PERFECT for us to have a chance to score touchdowns.

The scheme rarely puts the defense into conflict. The D knows when we are going to run or throw and can react easily either way, because our target zone is rarely outside 0-15 yards from the LOS, and usually between the numbers. So throwing windows are narrow and we don't give our OL a chance to block against reasonable or even favorable numbers of defenders.

Reactions: t-noah

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Rocco has been really good. He's got some really good touch on deep balls, and I think he's thrown a few of the better deep balls we've seen in a few years. He also has much better pocket presence than Dekkers.

He is just about as low as you can go on our list of problems.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
You serious, Clark? There's some obvious little things. He has good touch on the deep ball but has overthrown a couple this year by just a few yards, that's an easy fix. There was a great pass break up by an Ohio LB that wouldn't have been a break up if he led the TE by 1 more yard, easy fix. The last pick he just didn't see the safety closing before he let the ball go, more experience and he'll see those things. He has Purdy potential if the staff just let's him play.