Thanks Gene Chizik

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Re: Turner Gill

No doubt. Why the ---- do they feel the need to frequent our boards and comment?

As for Gill, no way he will take this job. He has a higher profile now and no way he wants to step into this disaster.

Gill is still 15-22 as a head coach. Auburn fans weren't sold on him for that reason. (Now they're even more upset that Chizik was hired). I think ISU is the perfect fit for Gill. ISU is actually the HIGHEST profile job with an opening. Take a look for yourself:

Rivals.com College Football - Rivals.com 2008-09 Coaching Carousel

ISU is far from a disaster. Any coach that steps in here has nowhere to go but up.

C

Cyclone42

Are we so bad that we turn to Nebraska for our savior?

I'm old. I remember when Turner Gill was playing against us.

If we hire him, why don't we all just trade our cardinal and gold clothes for crimson and cream?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Re: Are we so bad that we turn to Nebraska for our savior?

Who cares as long as he wins.

isudoc03

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2006
Re: Are we so bad that we turn to Nebraska for our savior?

I'm old. I remember when Turner Gill was playing against us.

If we hire him, why don't we all just trade our cardinal and gold clothes for crimson and cream?

Did you trade your cardinal and gold for black and gold when we hired McCarney? (moron emoticon goes here)

4clones

Sep 10, 2006
Gene Chizik is a bigger quitter than Phillip Bates. Hope SEC gives him a warm welcoming loss in every stadium and his dream job leaves him in football hell where he has taken ISU football.

rickroll

Dec 12, 2008
Chizik deserves what he gets, but those of you PO'd at JP are nothing but DannyMac homers or irritated at ticket prices.

JP has done good things and he is wayyyyyy better than BVD

Really? He's better than BVD? Because the football program is in better shape? Because the basketball program is in better shape? hmmmm...Because Iowa State fans are paying more for a worse product? Yeah JP has done GREAT things. He's a clown.