Thanks Gene Chizik

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
Re: Turner Gill

What would hiring Gill do for season ticket sales overall? We have one on the record talking a giving increase. Anyone else?

I think he could create a buzz. I also think he could help give ISU its own identity in the North, something I think it needs.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008

I thought you were OK commenting here.

What would hiring Gill do for season ticket sales overall? We have one on the record talking a giving increase. Anyone else?

Cycloneerik - if pollard could hire gill, it would fill the stadium up and i would consider pollard a better salesman than Chiz's agent.

Turner Gill would be a coup for ISU. Pollard would be so thankful he'd probably send back the $750k buyout to Auburn.....

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Gene Chizik is an absolute scumbag. I remember when a reporter asked if he regretted taking the ISU job and he flipped. Oh the stories he told... loves Ames, loves the fans, loves Iowa State, wouldn't rather be anywhere else..... Wasn't it just a month ago that he got pissed about the rumor that he had told someone that he regretted taking the ISU job? The guy is a professional liar. I am pissed at they way he handled the situation and quite frankly his lack of class in doing so.

In the end I think this is a good thing for Iowa State. If it wasn't for the outright mistakes of our coaching staff this past season I think we would have tallied more then 2 wins. For God's sake these jokers couldn't even get the plays signaled in to our offense with a 40 second play clock.

Congrats to Auburn. I hope Chizik does better for you then he did for us. Last time I checked he did absolutely nothing.

kurecabinboy

Apr 22, 2008
I always thought Gene looked like a tool in the "Standard black pleated dress pants with western style belt" Did he have 10 pairs of those things.

He could look like Howdy Doody for all I care...that guy was an awesome AD. Let's see where he went from ISU...Arizona State and last I heard, he was at Ohio State. There's no way we're getting him back.

As for JP, I think he hired a football coach who is attractive enough for Auburn to look at even though he did little to nothing here. Hopefully we can get a similar hire and continue to bring high-quality coaches to Ames who are looking to prove themselves.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Gene Chizik is an absolute scumbag. I remember when a reporter asked if he regretted taking the ISU job and he flipped. Oh the stories he told... loves Ames, loves the fans, loves Iowa State, wouldn't rather be anywhere else..... Wasn't it just a month ago that he got pissed about the rumor that he had told someone that he regretted taking the ISU job? The guy is a professional liar. I am pissed at they way he handled the situation and quite frankly his lack of class in doing so.

Summed up quite well, only thing to add his how he responded to Bates (which most of us agreed with). Sure makes him a very two-faced person.

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
When will Pollard have a comment? Over under # of hours?

Schlotskys

Jan 26, 2007

You can ignore the reality out of some misplaced sensitivity, but it's true.

I'm sure it would be a consideration for a lot of young black men.

v5vgiq.jpg

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I read the thread title and about lost it as I couldn't believe someone would be such a moron... I was much relieved to see that it was sarcastic. WTF did GC accomplish at ISU? Auburn can have him, they are really going out on a limb in my opinion.

Dang, can't get the sarcasm pirate in the thread title.

Homer: Dear Mr. Chizik. I'm so glad you coached at ISU, and your record was just great! In case you can't tell, I'm being sarcastic! YOU STINK!... could you read that last part back to me?
Bart: You Stink!
Homer: Hehehe, good. You are a senile, buck tooth, old mummy, with boney girl arms, and you smell like...
Bart: An Elephants butt?
Homer: hehe.. an Elephants butt!

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
No, the conference started to shift and become stronger. Instead of raising money and making needed changes BVD cut corners and spending, running programs on a shoestring budget and cutting others. He gave both major coaches raises but nothing to pay assistants. We would have been in MUCH worse shape if we kept BVD around.

BVD is the worse thing that ever happend to ISU!!!!!!! You are right on!

Z

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny

Please support your "fact" with some evidence.
I didn't mean to make my post sound insensitive, but apparently it was received that way by some. As for evidence, why did Obama get 90% of black vote this year? Because it's a fact that they will support a man of their color more than not. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006

My priorities are 1-Get a proven head coach. 2- Big 8 (12) experience and credibility is a plus. 3-Get a coach from the offensive side of the ball and former qb's often make good head coaches. Gill has those credentials. I'm not going to deny that I think the fact that he is black woud help us recruit the speed and skill players we often have trouble bringing to ISU. I also think it would be a good gesture for ISU to give a black head coach the opportunity at a bcs school he has earned since there are so few black head coaches in major college football. I like everything there is about Gill and I'll be extremely upbeat about Clone football if we get him. That's not to say there are other head coaches out there I would be thrilled about, I just don't think we have a shot at a lot of them.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI

no flights to or from buffalo yet lol

there was one that arrived in des moines from NYC this afternoon! hahaha

Last edited:
Reactions: tim_redd

Latest posts

Help Support Us