Favorite Part of Gameday at JTS

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
The part I enjoyed the most was the walk from my house to the tailgating lot knowing there was a day full of drinking and football ahead of me.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Since Football is just around the corner, what is your favorite thing about gameday at JTS? (besides the actual game, as thats reason we're all there anyway)

I like to get my seats around the time both teams are done warming up and heading back to the locker room. BUT my favorite part are the 5 to 10 minutes after the National Anthem and just before ISU comes on to the field. You really start to feel the anticipation and energy of the game itself; I actually start getting nervous. I don't know what it is; the band, crowd chants, stadium starting to fill up etc, but I've felt that way since I was young. Looking forward to September 2nd.
  1. Tailgating- No matter what, the tailgating is always fun. Rain/shine. Win/lose. Hot/cold...no matter what the tailgating is a consistent winner
  2. Walking into the stadium- Don't know what it is but I love walking into the stadium. I will always go out of my way to go by the Jack Trice statue. If I have guesst with me I show thme the statue and explain the history.
  3. Sweet Caroline

iowastated

Aug 19, 2009
to close to Iowa City
For me its driving down S 16th towards the stadium seeing the early risers setting up, grill's being lit and ISU flags from one end to the other...

oh Sept 2nd won't get here fast enough...:smile:

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
Since Football is just around the corner, what is your favorite thing about gameday at JTS? (besides the actual game, as thats reason we're all there anyway)

College girls who are drunk enough to flirt with me and good enough at it to make me think I might really have a chance.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
My favorite part of Game Day -- especially the first Thursday night game -- is the feeling that comes over me prior to kick-off. It's twilight, the sound of the crowd, the picturesque look about Jack Trice Stadium in early September, the feeling in the air, the team running out of the tunnel. It gives me goose bumps every time.

Sy4Cy

Sep 1, 2009
The walk through the lots going from one friends spot to the next making the rounds. Making new friends. Sneaking back into the students section so I don't have to sit around people sitting on their hands.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Tailgating. The run to the front row seats for big games...

and as cheesy as it sounds the walk in.. there atmosphere and the feeling you get after giving your ticket is just plain fun.

haha thats my favorite part too, even at age 30 its hard to resist the ugre to sprint to my seat

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Good! I had to take my rowdiness to the regular seating section. :sad: Sitting in the student section was so fun! I guess I could always make my way back there since I'm only 2 years out of college.. :biggrin:

I sat in the student section for at least 5 years after I graduated. Loved the view from Section O. We even had one of my buddy's dads sitting with us most games. Funny thing is, now I'm a donor and because it's now a donor section, I still sit in Section O.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
[/B]

haha thats my favorite part too, even at age 30 its hard to resist the ugre to sprint to my seat

There is a certain rush after handing over the ticket and getting through the gate...I always get it when I'm going up the stairs inside the east entrance. Some sort of combination of adrenaline and alcohol.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Sweet Caroline,

Ba Ba Ba.

Good Times never seemed so GOOD, so GOOD, so GOOD.

banhammer1.jpg

:jimlad:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron