No student tickets for the MBB Texas game

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Who's to say that students wouldn't come out for this game? We've already had multiple students say that they were coming back for this game until they heard this. Unless you can predict the future I disagree with you.

Look at the football game that is the weekend before thanksgiving... pretty thinned out crowd every year if you ask me.

The AD is here to make money, no matter what the fans (especially students) think should be done.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Yes I read that too but I was under the assumption that I would see all the conference games. I wouldn't care all too much if it was a Houston or Chicago State but this is Texas, which is right below Kansas in the basketball games I want to see...

Well you know what they say about ASSUMING.....

It is clearly written there.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
This is why right here folks, besides do the students even fill their seats for the game?

Do the regular season ticket holders for break\pre-conference games?

Nope, they dont. And its dramatically easier for them to sell their tickets too (cant sell CA tickets without giving someone your shirt too).

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
Yes I read that too but I was under the assumption that I would see all the conference games. I wouldn't care all too much if it was a Houston or Chicago State but this is Texas, which is right below Kansas in the basketball games I want to see...

Here is your one and only problem, bolded for your pleasure.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines

Appears to me people forgot to take into account there would 18 conference games this year, and to do it, you need to start the conference season earlier than in past years.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Appears to me people forgot to take into account there would 18 conference games this year, and to do it, you need to start the conference season earlier than in past years.

Shh, Don't promote common sense here. People NEED to complain about the AD not doing what they WANT!

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
Shh, Don't promote common sense here. People NEED to complain about the AD not doing what they WANT!

Exactly. Without the need to complain, people might try to be content and happy instead. CAN'T HAVE THAT!!!!!!!!!

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
Maybe there can be one end reserved for students, one for sell to general public during break:smile: They have reserved a few sections for students to come back for games in the past...

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
It's seems to me like it would be the AD's fault to not take that into account, not the students but keep thinking that.

And you would be wrong. Running the athletic department is the job of the AD, not holding the hands of crybaby students that have nothing better to do than whine.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I love the small band of CFers who come into any topic and ***** about people they disagree with being 'whiners'.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
It's seems to me like it would be the AD's fault to not take that into account, not the students but keep thinking that.

Wrong.

And you would be wrong. Running the athletic department is the job of the AD, not holding the hands of crybaby students that have nothing better to do than whine.

This ^.

The AD is about making money, reserving these seats for students that probably wouldnt show up for the most part is not a smart money move. Make the most bang for you buck.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I love the small band of CFers who come into any topic and ***** about people they disagree with being 'whiners'.

Or the people that post stuff like above. Your complaining is hypocritical and funny at the same time.

I forgot, are you a better poster then others?

When have break games ever been included? Conferences or Non-Conference? I'll await your answer

Last edited:

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009

I waited until page 5 before ripping into the whiner crowd.

When I was a student at ISU, in the long, long ago, the student tickets did NOT include the break games.

If this game was against anybody but KU or Texas, nobody would have said a word.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Wrong.
This ^.

The AD is about making money, reserving these seats for students that probably wouldnt show up for the most part is not a smart money move. Make the most bang for you buck.

I forgot, they really fill the place up when the students are gone :rolleyes:. At least give the students the option to buy the god damn ticket. How hard is that?

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
I waited until page 5 before ripping into the whiner crowd.

When I was a student at ISU, in the long, long ago, the student tickets did NOT include the break games.

If this game was against anybody but KU or Texas, nobody would have said a word.

When I was a student, the first couple years, there were LOTTERIES for certain games. People should count themselves lucky (or not, depending on how you look at it) that it isn't this way.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I forgot, they really fill the place up when the students are gone :rolleyes:. At least give the students the option to buy the god damn ticket. How hard is that?

They do have an option, if they want to come, come buy a ticket at the ticket office. It's not that hard to get up close if your a student, the hilton people have always let us go down and sit up front during break games.

How hard is that?

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Lets face it, Hilton is a joke during winter break when the students are gone.
Yes, for meaningless non-conference games. This game WILL sell-out, students or not. And the people who do fill those seats will make a lot of noise, because they were making Hilton Magic when you were in diapers.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Does any other big 12 school have this policy with their student tickets? Ive looked through a few sites, and though most of them are pretty poorly organized so its hard to find bball student ticket info, i dont see any that have something like this. I do see more that have something like pickup dates for various groups of tickets, after which point those tickets will be sold. That would make more sense. Include the break games, and if they dont come and get break game tickets during the pickup period, they go on sale.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Maybe they could do something to the tune of students get in free for the Texas game. Just show your student id and your in. They leave one side of CA open for those students that come and the other side can be GA.

Even students in for $5 would work. If it starts to over flow then they cut off the students and make them buy GA tickets.
Yeah, let's GIVE away seats people are willing to PAY for.

I was a student once. If there was a game over break I wanted to see, I bought a ticket and I didn't complain about it because I KNEW it going in.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron