"Fans" booing our own team

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I never boo our players or coaches. People do it and it frankly bothers me. It doesn't help anything and Rhoads isn't going to become more aggressive the next time in a similar situation because fans boo.
This exactly. At the end of the first half people were booing, I told my brother next to me that this is more embarrassing than us being down 28 at half. You are not helping when you boo our own team, if anything you are discouraging the team. In addition you make our fanbase look like ******. Leave the booing to eastern Iowa. We are classier than that at ISU.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
Many years ago I tried to take some old-school posters to task for bagging so hard on Greg McDermott. I thought that they were crossing the line and being "disloyal." I worried about how the players would respond to seeing all that negative crap out there. They told me that it was our duty as fans to let the coaches (and administration) know that we see what is happening.

We ended up with Fred Hoiberg...

Last edited:

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
This exactly. At the end of the first half people were booing, I told my brother next to me that this is more embarrassing than us being down 28 at half. You are not helping when you boo our own team, if anything you are discouraging the team. In addition you make our fanbase look like ******. Leave the booing to eastern Iowa. We are classier than that at ISU.

I wish I could definitively say we are classier. Unfortunately, many are content sinking to the level of the tavern Hawks, many of them tavern Cyclones perhaps?

isulive2train

Feb 24, 2009
Ciclón Nación
BoooOoooOooooo!!!

1311875540_delta_force_chuck_norris__deal_with_it.gif

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I wish I could definitively say we are classier. Unfortunately, many are content sinking to the level of the tavern Hawks, many of them tavern Cyclones perhaps?

ISU fans are booing their players for level of play now, regardless of effort?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
For sack of the argument he didn't "give up." He thought it was safer to take a knee rather than risk throwing a pick or being forced to punt and giving Baylor another chance.

And if he was giving up that early in the game, he wouldn't have tried an onside kick later.

No, thats giving up. You had a chance to score twice before Baylor touched the ball again...a chance to make it 35-21 before Baylor touched the ball again. He chose to sit on the ball and go to half.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Come on guys stop being so mean. Sit in the stands w your ties straight and wave your pennants, unless you're a former coach or player of. Course.

am i allowed to golf clap after good plays or do I not have enough credentials to do that?

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
For sack of the argument he didn't "give up." He thought it was safer to take a knee rather than risk throwing a pick or being forced to punt and giving Baylor another chance.

And if he was giving up that early in the game, he wouldn't have tried an onside kick later.

Are you ******* serious? You are already down by 28 points. You have 2 players at WR that are 3-4 inches taller than any DB they can put out there. Run the clock down to 2 seconds and launch it into the end zone. Even that would have been better than mailing it in before half.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
No, thats giving up. You had a chance to score twice before Baylor touched the ball again...a chance to make it 35-21 before Baylor touched the ball again. He chose to sit on the ball and go to half.

Are you ******* serious? You are already down by 28 points. You have 2 players at WR that are 3-4 inches taller than any DB they can put out there. Run the clock down to 2 seconds and launch it into the end zone. Even that would have been better than mailing it in before half.

Then why did he do the onside kick?

Last edited:

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009

I read the words in your post but I still have to ask: Do you truly honestly believe that Rhoads had actually given up?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Sorry, he mailed it in. He has done this several times and been burned.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Sorry, he mailed it in. He has done this several times and been burned.

He's gotten conservative several times and been burn, but he did not actually give up on the team winning the game, which is certainly what people imply when they say he gave up.