Mar 27, 2006
[video=youtube;NwVNuyfhF0Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwVNuyfhF0Q[/video]

tumblr_inline_nvu44xeVOB1qzozj1_500.gif

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Well, as we consider the aftermath of this game, listen to pundits analyze how something like this could happen, listen to hok fan go through their 27 stages of grief, etc. - It is quite apparent to me that Cardinal fan has been watching our board and got the message loud and clear...

cuz they sure ****ed the hell out of Iowa!

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
You searched for, and pulled up, a message board post in a bar conversation?

Nerd.

You would have a hard time finding anyone to disagree with you

But considering I sit within minutes of some of the finest craft beer bars in the country, I can live with it.

Next one is in honor of you!

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
At least Iowa's schedule is still ridiculously terrible next year as well.

The great part is that we'll all get to point back to tonight while they're on cruise control running through that pathetic schedule next season and talking **** to everyone in a 2 state radius about it.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Iowa twitter is so quiet tonight. It's fuggin great. They acted liked they had a top 5 team...pretenders. Probably not even top 25. Hard to tell with that weak *** schedule.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Tonight the Hawks confirmed to country what they were - a decent (not great) team, playing in an embarrassingly bad conference.

While I generally can't stand most Hawk fans, I do actually feel bad for the players a little bit (I also feel bad for a few friends who are reasonable Hawk fans who spent thousands of bucks to go watch that crap festival). They got out classed so bad. They got exactly what most of us saw coming a mile away. I read somewhere (I can't find it now) that Standford is the only team they played all season that was in the top 50 in both defense and offense.

They would have been much better off in the bowl season if they had played one of the mid-level bowl game against some 6-6 or 7-5 team, which would have been far more representative of their level.

But for the tavern Hawks, loser Hawks, and foam-at-the-mouth type of Hawk Fans, I couldn't be happier with the beat down! 6 of 6 "experts" on the Hawkeye Nation page picked Iowa to win (2 of which picked the Hawks to win by 2 or more touchdowns), which shows just how delusional most are.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Clever twist but the first 12 mean nothing if you don't win either of the last 2. The last 2 are the reasons why you played the season.
Iowa was exposed to be the average team we all knew, but that is bull ****. Mean less? Sure, it means they were not good enough to win the national title despite being one of the last teams to lose.

If they win the last two they are playing for a NC next week. There is a lot of room between that and the first 12 now meaning nothing. It means they were an average team that had a great year and got far more out of this year than the underlying asset should have. Hawk fans should feel completely satisfied with this year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron