NCAA Wrestling Tournament (Thursday-Saturday)

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
I'm not sure that was a TD. The review really should come from an independent official in a match like this one.

Ref should've waited 10 more seconds because it would've been a surefire takedown then.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Just the Big XII schools.

Code:
+------+-------------------+-------+
| 2.   | Oklahoma St.      | 97.5  |
| 12.  | Iowa St.          | 35.0  |
| 13.  | Oklahoma          | 33.5  |
| 18.  | Wyoming           | 24.5  |
| 38.  | Utah Valley       | 8.0   |
| 39.  | South Dakota St.  | 7.5   |
| 44.  | North Dakota St.  | 5.5   |
| 47.  | West Virginia     | 4.0   |
| 62.  | Air Force         | 1.5   |
| 72.  | Northern Colo.    | -1.0  |
+------+-------------------+-------+

Big XII had 2 national champs and 13 All Americans.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So......was this the year that UNI has finally overtaken us. Iowa fans kept telling me this would happen soon when Schwab went there. Assuming it must have been this year.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
Alright. Someone find out how Northern Colorado lost a team point without having a single win. I need to know how they ended up owing the tournament a point.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
One of the best that never was-Morgan McIntosh.

Yup. I always enjoyed watching him wrestle and he seemed like a classy kid. Wish he could've got this one but Cox is just a beast. Best year for upper weight championship matches I can recall. Kyven's win last year is very likely to deny Snyder being a 4 timer. That kid is something else.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
So......was this the year that UNI has finally overtaken us. Iowa fans kept telling me this would happen soon when Schwab went there. Assuming it must have been this year.

I think it was supposed to be this year. At least that's what I've been told all year from UNI fans because ISU staff doesn't care about Iowa kids like UNI does. Or something like that.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
So what is the difference between that takedown and the one Oliver got on Stieber a few years ago?

Nothing, I thought they updated the rules after that to explicitly define that as not a takedown though? I might have made that up.

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
Yup. I always enjoyed watching him wrestle and he seemed like a classy kid. Wish he could've got this one but Cox is just a beast. Best year for upper weight championship matches I can recall. Kyven's win last year is very likely to deny Snyder being a 4 timer. That kid is something else.

IDK I'm a bit partial to the year Varner and Zabriskie both won titles.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
Yes, wasn't it because Oliver didn't have his head cleared or something?
And he was below the knees/hips, but yea. That's why I'm not sure Snyder's was a complete TD tonight. Unless the rules are worded weird and allows that, and that's where I'm not positive.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
I'm heavily biased (never wrestled under 160), but every year the upper weights are more fun to watch. Lightweights are too "flighty" and they flaunt their nimbleness in my face.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Alright. Someone find out how Northern Colorado lost a team point without having a single win. I need to know how they ended up owing the tournament a point.
From my investigative work the kid lost the first round match to Burak and then in the next match he got dinged for a point..??... confusing because it says it reflected his match score but wondering if they might have taken a team point away too?

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
12th place is a pretty darn good showing for what we had going into the tournament. How many years can you expect to take 12th with only 6 wrestlers, 4 of whom are unseeded, and the others only seeded #8 and #9? You might argue that they under performed during the year but that's a pretty good showing.

What happened to Minnesota this year? Did they red-shirt a bunch of new guys?

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
12th place is a pretty darn good showing for what we had going into the tournament. How many years can you expect to take 12th with only 6 wrestlers, 4 of whom are unseeded, and the others only seeded #8 and #9? You might argue that they under performed during the year but that's a pretty good showing.

What happened to Minnesota this year? Did they red-shirt a bunch of new guys?

Let's not get too giddy about a 12th place finish. Credit to the wrestlers for their efforts, but we need to get back to relevancy. Go Cyclones!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
12th place is a pretty darn good showing for what we had going into the tournament. How many years can you expect to take 12th with only 6 wrestlers, 4 of whom are unseeded, and the others only seeded #8 and #9? You might argue that they under performed during the year but that's a pretty good showing. What happened to Minnesota this year? Did they red-shirt a bunch of new guys?
Gophers being goofers.