Nikki Moody sues Bill Fennelly over Racial Discrimination...

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Finally someone gets it!! Had it not been for nikki Emiah would have graduated a cyclone!! And while people are still spewing hatred, we were contacted by Moody's Lawyer (the nerve of her) but we declined to be involved in any of her mess!!!
Tell Emiah we Cyclone Fans are VERY sympathetic to her and can never change what she experienced. We heard some rumors but there was no way even close fans to know what transpired. It was a mess but we are not the bad guys even if we took offense and were suspect of your posts. The bad was not in the fans, Coach or program. I think you know best the score.

Last edited:

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Its possible the lawyer just went back and contacted every player, or every minority player, to see who might have anything to say.

More likely that Nikki Moody lawyers contacted TRANSFER players from Iowa State. Possibly thinking that Fennelly was the reason for the transfer. Pretty devastating to discover that the reason for this particular transfer was Nikki Moody.

And then the examples that Nikki Moody has given her lawyers are refuted and denied by the players who she said were treated badly by Fennelly. If these lawyers took this case on a contingency basis, they could be screwed IMO. I do not see Iowa State settling out of court.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Obviously, lots of things can come out at any time, but so far the only ones saying racial discrimination happened are Moody and the Cuban woman that's now a lawyer (can't remember her name), right? Everyone else has either denied or not commented? How many that were named have denied so far? I don't think Seanna has officially denied anything racially has been said or done around her, right? Just her mom?

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Obviously, lots of things can come out at any time, but so far the only ones saying racial discrimination happened are Moody and the Cuban woman that's now a lawyer (can't remember her name), right? Everyone else has either denied or not commented? How many that were named have denied so far? I don't think Seanna has officially denied anything racially has been said or done around her, right? Just her mom?

Did the earlier player claim it was racial? I took her statements as primarily not being on BF's good side, and nothing to do with race.

I suspect Seanna has better things to do than get involved in the middle of this. In fact, I don't think anything has been said by any of the players still on the team. Kidd's eligibility is up, so she can speak out.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009

I think Seanna's mom represents Seanna's position.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I think Seanna's mom represents Seanna's position.

I don't disagree with that, but if someone were called as a character witness, for example (not that she was or will be) their mom can't go up and speak for them. And as posted above, I don't expect her to say anything in her position anyway (although it seems if there's any favoritism from BF, it's FOR Seanna, not against her.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Nice job of pot stirring Pants.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Did the earlier player claim it was racial? I took her statements as primarily not being on BF's good side, and nothing to do with race.

I suspect Seanna has better things to do than get involved in the middle of this. In fact, I don't think anything has been said by any of the players still on the team. Kidd's eligibility is up, so she can speak out.

It didn't sound racial. Only that Fennelly yells a lot and is a tough coach. Didn't really see from the first woman to be a big deal that really supports Nikki Moody's charges.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Here is my take on BF . It comes fro from years of observation and what I know, or at least think I know. Is BF a tough coach, yes. Is he racist? Far from it. Does he have favorites? Yes. Recents probably include Seanna, Hallie, and Pop. Probably because he sees each of them as highly coachable and each working hard to be the best they can be as a player and in life. BF is probably toughhest on his point guards. They make his team go. Most of his good point guards were successful under his style. Early in her time at ISU, BF indicated Nikki had a chance to be the best of the bunch. Problem was Nikki wanted to do it her way, not totally BF's way. She also took unkindly to challengers such as Bingley. I think her problems with BF really began after the bullying incident.

One the thing I learned from my mentor about handling employees, You should treat them equally, but that does not mean the same. you need different motivation techniques depending upon the employee. It is your job as the leader to figure out how to get the best out of each for the good of the firm .

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
...I think her problems with BF really began after the bullying incident.

I would offer to include Bill's cancer scare and the effects of treatment as reasons things got off-track in the Moody years. Some would include the challenges of WBB mentality in modern players: Moody started for nearly three seasons, got abundant playing time, full scholarship and presumes illegal mistreatment as ISU and Fennelly somehow held her back. That is a situation I would never have conceived in the past.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I think Fennelly is not a racist. It is unfortunate that Moody is wasting her time, trying to hurt the university with this lawsuit. She ought to get on with her life, and figure out a way to either play basketball, or find a job and an occupation. She is only hurting herself and the university with this. I agree with Fennelly's early assessment of her, she had the chance to be an extremely great point guard, but her personality seems to get in the way. It is now getting in the way with her prospects for the future.

That said, I agree with Royalclone's assessment of Fennelly. Royalclone "One the thing I learned from my mentor about handling employees, You should treat them equally, but that does not mean the same. you need different motivation techniques depending upon the employee. It is your job as the leader to figure out how to get the best out of each for the good of the firm ."

Last edited:

farcyted

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I hadn't thought about that earlier, but Moody is probably hurting her future job prospects with this lawsuit.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
I hadn't thought about that earlier, but Moody is probably hurting her future job prospects with this lawsuit.

definitely. During background checks or even employment applications, there are questions like "have you been or are you currently involved in any litigations?" Or something like that.
Employers are always concerned with someone who likes to sue (except in certain matters) fearing that this person could do the same if the person doesn't feel things go his/her way.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think Fennelly is not a racist. It is unfortunate that Moody is wasting her time, trying to hurt the university with this lawsuit. She ought to get on with her life, and figure out a way to either play basketball, or find a job and an occupation. She is only hurting herself and the university with this. I agree with Fennelly's early assessment of her, she had the chance to be an extremely great point guard, but her personality seems to get in the way. It is now getting in the way with her prospects for the future.

That said, I agree with Royalclone's assessment of Fennelly. Royalclone "One the thing I learned from my mentor about handling employees, You should treat them equally, but that does not mean the same. you need different motivation techniques depending upon the employee. It is your job as the leader to figure out how to get the best out of each for the good of the firm ."

One job I had I oversaw 75-100 employees pending the season. I treated them equally, but due to their individuality, people perceived favoritism. There was one guy I didn't care for, but he told me any issues or problems with the employees without asking. A couple 22 yo women always were always happy and said hi to me everytime I was in their area, instantly someone rumored that I was humping both, farthest from the truth. Some people are just negative and gossipy. You will never make them happy because they want the easy way out.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

I can hear that in an interview, yeah I sued my coach for racism after being a 4 yr starter and failing to make the WNBA. I mean only 1 player from our school only made the WNBA, but he's the reason I didn't make it.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I can hear that in an interview, yeah I sued my coach for racism after being a 4 yr starter and failing to make the WNBA. I mean only 1 player from our school only made the WNBA, but he's the reason I didn't make it.

One simple Google search will give you 91 itemized reasons not to hire her!

Last edited:

CyBri

Mar 2, 2012
One job I had I oversaw 75-100 employees pending the season. I treated them equally, but due to their individuality, people perceived favoritism. There was one guy I didn't care for, but he told me any issues or problems with the employees without asking. A couple 22 yo women always were always happy and said hi to me everytime I was in their area, instantly someone rumored that I was humping both, farthest from the truth. Some people are just negative and gossipy. You will never make them happy because they want the easy way out.

Be honest. You got them both right.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron