Seriously Leistikow?

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
So the urban legend has moved from Randy was trampled to Randy broke his leg celebrating a la Josh Chambers? Awesome

I was just asking. I mean is it normal for press to be right on the floor in Hilton? Most other arenas the press are in a designated area. Just strikes me as very odd he is even on close to the floor let alone on it and getting run over.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I was just asking. I mean is it normal for press to be right on the floor in Hilton? Most other arenas the press are in a designated area. Just strikes me as very odd he is even on close to the floor let alone on it and getting run over.
The print press have a table on the baseline. There is a second area for press at the top of the parquet that I would guess is where the C-Dubs of the world end up. He was trying to quickly get to the media room before the game ended and the students rushed the court and ended up planting his leg oddly and broke it (old bones and whatnot).

For the record Randy is nowhere near the homer Lesitikow is. Part of that is probably how much more active and interactive Chad is on Twitter, the other part is how big a douche he is. Chad seems to think he's paid to say good things about Iowa.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

You're trying too hard. Don't hurt yourself.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
The print press have a table on the baseline. There is a second area for press at the top of the parquet that I would guess is where the C-Dubs of the world end up. He was trying to quickly get to the media room before the game ended and the students rushed the court and ended up planting his leg oddly and broke it (old bones and whatnot).

For the record Randy is nowhere near the homer Lesitikow is. Part of that is probably how much more active and interactive Chad is on Twitter, the other part is how big a douche he is. Chad seems to think he's paid to say good things about Iowa.

That makes sense, thanks for the explanation.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
You're trying too hard. Don't hurt yourself.

I had no idea reporters sir on the baseline are Hilton, and that is why I thought it was really odd he was on the floor. Once someone explained to me how it works, it makes total sense.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Mccaffery's are garbage. I'm glad they are going to Iowa. Rather schollys go to them instead of actual good recruits.

Iowa fans seem to be putting a lot of eggs in the Connor McCaffery basket. I guess I don't get it, but more power to them.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
You can't seriously think that Randy gives unbiased coverage.
Have you listened to Cyclone insider, 1460 kxno on a Tuesday night? Prob not, but he tells it like it is. Leistikow is all dildos n lollipops , mark Emmett is factual as is Ross usually.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Have you listened to Cyclone insider, 1460 kxno on a Tuesday night? Prob not, but he tells it like it is. Leistikow is all dildos n lollipops , mark Emmett is factual as is Ross usually.
Ross and CW are the best there is for true Cy-Hawk talk.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Didn't Randy get hurt celebrating with Cyclone fans when they beat Iowa?
Yeah he was physically there because that's where he reports from. Not really celebrating, although he should have stayed in his seat at his age.
But, like I said, when you cover a team long enough it's probably natural to develop at least a small attachment to them. I just think he's slightly dour and pessimistic, especially about football.
Edit: His articles are plain as day also. As someone who goes to the games, I usually gleam nothing extra from his articles, even in the offseason.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Mccaffery's are garbage. I'm glad they are going to Iowa. Rather schollys go to them instead of actual good recruits.

But will he continue the tradition of coaches sons living in low income housing? If so, I'd rather those go to people who need it.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017

No I don't listen to Cyclone insider. You listen to Hawk Central? I doubt it or maybe you missed that after a 12-0 Hawk regular season Chad picked Minnesota to win the BigTen West this year, not Iowa.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Iowa fans seem to be putting a lot of eggs in the Connor McCaffery basket. I guess I don't get it, but more power to them.

Im not super excited by him, but he is a 4* kid and just outside the top 100 kids. So lots of services see him as a legit prospect.