On to Football Season

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
OK Mr. Doyle!

Like I said though they are nice, just not the end All beat all. I mean weren't those two 6 win seasons 5 and 6 years ago fun? That is a great season by ISU standards even though they lost the bowl games to Tulsa and Rutgers. I mean it would have been nice to beat those two, and finish over .500, but the year itself was certainly successful by ISU standards.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Like I said though they are nice, just not the end All beat all. I mean weren't those two 6 win seasons 5 and 6 years ago fun? That is a great season by ISU standards even though they lost the bowl games to Tulsa and Rutgers. I mean it would have been nice to beat those two, and finish over .500, but the year itself was certainly successful by ISU standards.

I think bowl games are very important. You don't think they mean anything. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
I think bowl games are very important. You don't think they mean anything. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one

Don't intentionally misrepresent my position on this. I said they are nice, they just don't define a season.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
White was 1st team All BigTen. Were Ejim, Kane and Niang roll players as well?

You try entirely too hard all the time.

White was really good a drawing fouls and that's about it...Ejim was Big 12 POY and Niang was a 2nd round pick but go on.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
White was really good a drawing fouls and that's about it...Ejim was Big 12 POY and Niang was a 2nd round pick but go on.

You think a 1st team All conference player is a role player as well? That was my only point is that @CyTwins doesnt know BB as he calls a future 1st team All conference player just a "role player".

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
You literally said they don't mean anything. I'm not misrepresenting anything

In the context of comparing them to the NCAA tournament and the playoffs, they don't mean anything. In the context of a whole football season they are nice to win. Maybe you will understand when you get to a bowl game again.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Hold on. I have been told that the NCAA tournament game which mean 100x more than Bowl games don't define the season. Yet Bowl games that don't mean anything (outside of the playoff) determine everything about a season?

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with this for the 300th time since you won't drop it. I think bowl games are very important

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
You think a 1st team All conference player is a role player as well? That was my only point is that @CyTwins doesnt know BB as he calls a future 1st team All conference player just a "role player".

I never cared for Whites game. Outside of the way he hustled, the rest of his game was pretty meh. White was good at one thing and that was putting his head down, drawing a foul, flopping, and throwing the ball at the rim to get two freebies.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
I never cared for Whites game. Outside of the way he hustled, the rest of his game was pretty meh. White was good at one thing and that was putting his head down, drawing a foul, flopping, and throwing the ball at the rim to get two freebies.

Was he just a "role player"? Even if you didn't like his game I'm guessing you realize that an all confernce player is not a "role player".

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
I'm going to go ahead and disagree with this for the 300th time since you won't drop it. I think bowl games are very important

This would be like me grabbing onto your 300th time comment and pretending it is real. You have said it maybe 5 times, you used 300 to make a point, just as I did in comparing Bowl games to NCAA tournament and he playoffs.

Not sure why you are choosing to troll this, but we should probably keep the BB thread about BB.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Was he just a "role player"? Even if you didn't like his game I'm guessing you realize that an all confernce player is not a "role player".

No, I don't think you can call him a "true role player" but I don't think he was that much better than a role player either. White had kind of a weird career. He would have really good games and then he would just disappear and he was the last person you wanted to have the ball during crunch time. I would actually argue that White's intangibles were more valuable than what showed up on a stat sheet during his career.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I would probably avoid comparing Niang and Whites careers. One of them put his team on his back during crunch time and the other pit his shants.

Actually White was pretty clutch his senior year, winning the last 6 games of the regular season and then getting to the Round of 32 in the tourney.

I wasnt comparing their careers, simply stating that White was also a 2nd round draft pick.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/2294/year/2015

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
I would probably avoid comparing Niang and Whites careers. One of them put his team on his back during crunch time and the other pit his shants.
I would argue Aaron put Iowa on his back at the end of the 2015 season. Here are his point totals 2/22 18 points, 2/25 29 points, 3/03 21 points, 3/07 25 points, 3/12 21 points, 3/20 26 points, and 3/22 19 points. Shooting 12-20 from 3 during that time period, and also recording 4 double doubles.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron