****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
They keep growing over in Iowa City while ours shrink, it sucks.
I'm not familiar with what you're talking about, but yes, getting recruits that grow a couple inches into better prospects is always luck. I think we enjoyed that with Young, but it had been awhile before him. Wesley Johnson perhaps.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: isutrevman

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I'm not familiar with what you're talking about, but yes, getting recruits that grow into better prospects is always luck. I think we enjoyed that with Young, but it had been before him.
You missed his joke. haha It was making fun of how every Iowa recruit gains like 3 inches while talking to Iowa fans

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
I'm not familiar with what you're talking about, but yes, getting recruits that grow into better prospects is always luck. I think we enjoyed that with Young, but it had been before him.
Just a bad joke, Lewis been listed as 6'-6" for as long as he's been in our radar.

• Agree
Reactions: peteypie

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You can't get too much out of all-star games because there isn't much defense being played, however, one thing you can always judge is someone's jump shot, and Lewis has a tremendous shot.

I know he's no Buddy Hield or Ray Allen, not many guys are, but those are two pretty decent comparisons to Lewis' game IMO. I think Lewis will be an amazing shooter for us, and if guys play him close out there he also has the ability to get to the rim as well. I don't think he'll help us a whole lot on the boards though. Much more of a perimeter player that can drive it too, but plays mostly outside.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I noticed elite juco recruiter (and former Chipola CC coach) Greg Heiar left WSU for LSU. Wonder if that drove the switch in Edwards to visit LSU.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I noticed elite juco recruiter (and former Chipola CC coach) Greg Heiar left WSU for LSU. Wonder if that drove the switch in Edwards to visit LSU.
And (without fact checking their roster) LSU is trash and he probably sees an opportunity to make an impact there.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Maybe it was just the jersey number but the way he plays is so smooth he honestly looked like a shorter T-MAC.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I know ESPN rankings aren't a favorite of the people who follow the prospects but...

@PaulBianicardi Our final player rankings from 2017 will be out tomorrow & class rankings. 2018,2019 & 20' will be after the spring evaluation period.

Curious where Wigginton/Lewis move to.
Also if McNeil/Brooks make it.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
Will Wade was recruiting him heavily at VCU and he is now the HC at LSU. Nothing more than that, just a solid relationship

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I know ESPN rankings aren't a favorite of the people who follow the prospects but...

@PaulBianicardi Our final player rankings from 2017 will be out tomorrow & class rankings. 2018,2019 & 20' will be after the spring evaluation period.

Curious where Wigginton/Lewis move to.
Also if McNeil/Brooks make it.

They are one of the 4 services that 24/7 use in their composite, so it matters.