***NCAA Championships (March 18-20)***

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Seeing Iowa only get one individual champ that made me think, has any team won a national title without having any individual champs?

Iowa, 2009 (0 champs, 1 finalist, 5 AA)
Minnesota, 2001 (0 champs, 0 finalists, 10 AA)
Arizona State, 1988 (0 champs, 1 finalist, 7 AA)
Iowa, 1978 (0 champs, 2 finalists, 6 AA) -- beat ISU by 1/2 point; 6-placer era

That's it.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Can Iowa seriously bring ADS back after this latest incident?. It’s quite severe and is far from the first. I think they need to part ways.
ADS is quite a black mark on the program. Of course Iowa will keep him! They don't cut ties with thugs that easily.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
ADS is quite a black mark on the program. Of course Iowa will keep him! They don't cut ties with thugs that easily.

I know you probably hate anything in black and gold, but as an uncle of a kid on the autism spectrum, there's context that needs to be looked at. Looking at ADS this year vs. last year, it's been a noticeable improvement in terms of his ability to control his emotions out there. Call it a "black mark" all you want, but he's a good kid who's dealing with mental issues that are very tough by themselves not to mention with the added stress of COVID and you calling him a thug because of that is pretty gross.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Penn State finished 15.5 points behind first and got a combined 4.5 points from 125, 149, 157, and 165 and having 6 freshman in their lineup this year. I really think they could be the favorite by the time next March rolls around.

• Agree
Reactions: farm85

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
He's on the autism spectrum, no secret there.
I know, I was in that as a profession for many years. Dealt with many of the most severe in Iowa, several that couldn’t function over a 3-5th grade level. There is a point where you can’t just say don’t do that for people his age and ability (getting a college degree). It is not acceptable in society.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Pat Mineo tweeted that he told a media woman that he would kill her if she told him what to do.

Yeah he had just come off the mat and made a stupid, aggressive and inappropriate comment off the cuff to an NCAA photog. Not at all acceptable. Of course Pat Mineo is on top of is, he's so butthurt about Iowa winning.

• Dumb
Reactions: cyputz and CyTwins

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Penn State finished 15.5 points behind first and got a combined 4.5 points from 125, 149, 157, and 165 and having 6 freshman in their lineup this year. I really think they could be the favorite by the time next March rolls around.
Depends who Iowa has coming back. They lost a lot of points from Bull getting hurt and not finishing out the tournament. The Kemerer match also could go either way next year. I would say Iowa is still the favorite with Lee, Eierman, Bull, Kemerer, Warner, and Cass as finalist potential.

• Agree
Reactions: CyGold

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I know you probably hate anything in black and gold, but as an uncle of a kid on the autism spectrum, there's context that needs to be looked at. Looking at ADS this year vs. last year, it's been a noticeable improvement in terms of his ability to control his emotions out there. Call it a "black mark" all you want, but he's a good kid who's dealing with mental issues that are very tough by themselves not to mention with the added stress of COVID and you calling him a thug because of that is pretty gross.

Gonz, noticeable improvement? He lost a team point and did something that got him kicked out of the team celebration THIS TOURNEY! They just wrestled less matches this year.

Reactions: CyTwins

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Son and I were talking, if Griffith did graduate from Stanford, what is the probability that he is at penn state?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Gonz, noticeable improvement? He lost a team point and did something that got him kicked out of the team celebration THIS TOURNEY! They just wrestled less matches this year.

Last season at the end of big matches he'd have trouble controlling himself and get in the other guy's face. This season at the end of matches he congratulated the other wrestler and the ref, every time. I watched every match the kid wrestled this year. Did you?

• Dumb
Reactions: CyTwins

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
I know you love everything black and gold but quit making excuses for this dude. he is capable of making better choices at this age. His choices are pretty gross. But keep blaming others.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
My son has autism too. I understand the emotional side of things and trying to control it. My son handles stress far better than ADS and is much younger. Perhaps wrestling is not appropriate for him is he can't work on his control. It is a struggle for sure.

Reactions: fcclone and BCClone

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Last season at the end of big matches he'd have trouble controlling himself and get in the other guy's face. This season at the end of matches he congratulated the other wrestler and the ref, every time. I watched every match the kid wrestled this year. Did you?

Certainly not. But if threatening a woman just trying to do her job is an improvement than collegiate sports isn’t the place for him.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He couldn't even be in the team picture because he told a female he was going to kill her. Geez Gonzo be better than this