***NCAA Championships (March 18-20)***

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Every national championship is rare and precious, especially for CyclONEnation. Let's celebrate David Carr's achievement plus other players' accomplishments and thank all the people in the wrestling program for their hard work, dedication and perseverance in making this season successful in such an unprecedented time. Cheers for more championships to come!

Here's David Carr's post-match press conference.

"I told my dad when I decided to come to Iowa State, I wanted to come here bring back the program... bring it back to fruition and break all of his goals while I’m at it."

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Hey all you degenerate cyclone wrestling fanatics! Hope everyone had a great sleep. Woke up this AM and rewatched David’s match. Guess what? It gets better each time!

Now comes the fun part...off-season hear-says, transfers, and more.
Where is the Carr is transferring BS coming from other than Iowa Butthurt?

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
Where is the Carr is transferring BS coming from other than Iowa Butthurt?
Just trolls. Iowa fans mad he is buddy buddy with PSU's champs. He was the first to run up and celebrate with Starocci and Brooks last night. Love his 2 ISU recruiting pitches in his post match interview last night (Link above).

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Just trolls. Iowa fans mad he is buddy buddy with PSU's champs. He was the first to run up and celebrate with Starocci and Brooks last night. Love his 2 ISU recruiting pitches in his post match interview last night (Link above).
That's dumb. Carr trained with Starocci and Brooks this summer. They're all close and have been for a long time. This is also pretty cool

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
That's dumb. Carr trained with Starocci and Brooks this summer. They're all close and have been for a long time. This is also pretty cool

Nope it’s pretty clear that he was s***in off those guys...according to the cesspool. And they cry because no one in wrestling likes them wonder why (and their delusional brain thinks it’s only because they win lol)

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Did anyone else notice Parris grabbing Gremmel's junk when he was riding him? Was not trying for the thigh or anything. Just straight up had a hand full of Gannon's balls and didn't let go for several seconds.
Parris is an ass. All the Osage wrestlers used to do stuff like that in HS.

It was super satisfying watching Gable just stuff that face into the mat last night.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Hawkeyes think you can’t have fun while wrestling. They think fun is a bad word. So when they see happy people they get mad and ticked off. Carr was just enjoying himself, the way it should be.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Discussion I want to pop up, is Tim Johnson’s or Gibbons statement at the very end. Was he just spitballing? It sounded like he was saying that the rules committee/officials would be looking at that. If so, that would be a monster clarification on Lee. I had never paid attention that much until he brought it up and dang if he wasn’t spot on for many of them.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Thanks! I only was able to catch his match and missed any of other other post match interviews until this morning

seriously, could david be any more likeable??? To think that kid is just getting started winning titles is so awesome.

Last edited:

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Suppose Steveson kn
Discussion I want to pop up, is Tim Johnson’s or Gibbons statement at the very end. Was he just spitballing? It sounded like he was saying that the rules committee/officials would be looking at that. If so, that would be a monster clarification on Lee. I had never paid attention that much until he brought it up and dang if he wasn’t spot on for many of them.
What are you referring to?

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I wonder what was more rewarding for Metcalf: winning his first national title or watching David (a guy who he has pretty much trained the last 2 years) win? He looked more pumped than David did in the celebration last night

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Suppose Steveson kn
What are you referring to?

The statement about reviewing Lee’s armbars because according to definition of the rules it becomes an illegal (more potentially dangerous and not something to avoid a point for) hold while he is driving them over.