***NCAA Championships (March 18-20)***

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
The statement about reviewing Lee’s armbars because according to definition of the rules it becomes an illegal (more potentially dangerous and not something to avoid a point for) hold while he is driving them over.

It's a matter of the direction of the pressure.

chicken-wing.png chicken-wing-2.png

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
The statement about reviewing Lee’s armbars because according to definition of the rules it becomes an illegal (more potentially dangerous and not something to avoid a point for) hold while he is driving them over.
Ok, I remember that now. When I was wrestling it became illegal when your arm wasn't horizontal across the back (i.e. - moving toward the head). Did they change that or they just let them get away with it now?

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I wonder what was more rewarding for Metcalf: winning his first national title or watching David (a guy who he has pretty much trained the last 2 years) win? He looked more pumped than David did in the celebration last night
100% it would be getting to watch David win and that’s why I’m 100% a Metcalf guy now.

I’ve had the pleasure of shooting the breeze with him awhile back. One thing that he said was along the lines of how when he wrestled it just involved himself but now what he does he gets to affect all the wrestlers (something along those lines)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I guess I missed the news that Spencer Lee was injuring his opponents.
Not injuring them but tilting them with a move that should be stopped for potentially dangerous. The elbow goes higher than the shoulder when he drives. It can injure the opponent and why it is supposed to be stopped.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Is the reason it is not stopped because he doesn’t put it to the middle of the back? H

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I wonder what was more rewarding for Metcalf: winning his first national title or watching David (a guy who he has pretty much trained the last 2 years) win? He looked more pumped than David did in the celebration last night
I would guess watching David. That said, Carr most certainly seems to be a coaches dream to coach.

• Agree
Reactions: stuclone

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Not injuring them but tilting them with a move that should be stopped for potentially dangerous. The elbow goes higher than the shoulder when he drives. It can injure the opponent and why it is supposed to be stopped.
My point is: I don't hear the opposing coaches hollering about it, and I don't see Lee's opponents getting injured by ref's purported failures to stop a potentially dangerous move. It looks like much ado about nothing. Yes, the announcers must have been spitballing.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
My point is: I don't hear the opposing coaches hollering about it, and I don't see Lee's opponents getting injured by ref's purported failures to stop a potentially dangerous move. It looks like much ado about nothing. Yes, the announcers must have been spitballing.
There isn't going to be anything done about it. Lee executes everything he does to perfection....guys know it's coming but there simply is no stopping it. Lee is a completely different breed of cat.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz and matclone

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
smiling-face-with-heart-eyes_1f60d.png

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
It takes a lot and special people to handle children with it. With as much as I know of the Brands bros, they aren’t the right people to handle this. Spencer seems (and I’ve been told) to be the one helping him through it. If it wasn’t for him, I think there would have been more outbursts.

Already posted in another thread, but this video clip with subtitles speaks for itself..

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron