University of Iowa has the worst football fans AND Coaches?

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I think he believes this is the first time cans were thrown at someone...maybe he should see this video instead.

What a bunch of drunk fucktards. Stupid followers who think anything is fine because they aren't alone. That's how really bad **** happens. I hope they returned to their own cars to find them trashed from falling beer cans.

Reactions: VeloClone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
And it’s ok to assault someone if you hit them by accident and were aiming at someone else!
@WooBadger18 - From a purely legal standpoint, it would be considered a different crime, right?

From a purely moral standpoint, it would make no difference. In fact, it's probably worse to hit a bystander as it means that you didn't consider the potential ramifications of your actions on an innocent party.

Maybe it's time for a philosophical discussion.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I've been to a bunch of places to see ISU football and basketball games. Bowl games, KC for the hoops tournament, road games at K-State, OSU, WVU etc. And Iowa.

Almost every fan is hospitable and polite almost to a fault. There is gentle ribbing and the drunk people and/or frat boys can be annoying but it's nothing serious.

You get offered food and beer at all of these places. There were people in Morgantown even offering to host us for a post-game party with drinks and dinner at their house. Some of the best people in the world, enjoying the camaraderie and wanting to make sure you enjoy your time in their state, city, university's campus. (Of course they want to win the game more than that, but they know that treating you well doesn't affect the outcome.)

And there are some good Iowa fans like this too, no doubt.

But nowhere has anywhere close to as large of a minority of a**hole fans like Iowa City does. Not even close. And yes, I'm sure it would be different if I went to, say, a Purdue game in Boilermaker clothes instead of a Cy-Hawk. But so many of them are pure nastiness, rude, harassing, even assaulting with objects.

Even the ribbing (from the otherwise alright people) is much more direct and targeted. Which comes with the rivalry territory, I guess, but there is also a heavy coating of "We are always better than you and don't you forget it."

Iowa City is without a doubt the worst place to catch a game as a Cyclone fan. And it's encouraging that neutral observers are starting to talk more about this as well.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
@WooBadger18 - From a purely legal standpoint, it would be considered a different crime, right?

From a purely moral standpoint, it would make no difference. In fact, it's probably worse to hit a bystander as it means that you didn't consider the potential ramifications of your actions on an innocent party.

Maybe it's time for a philosophical discussion.
Not your attorney and not giving legal advice (just talking about the law generally) but I don’t think so. I glanced at the Wisconsin statute and it looks like at least here it would all be the same crime (and you could probably pick up a second charge for attempted assault on the person you were aiming for). I think the only time it would matter is if it was something where you killed the person and it was a question of 1st degree murder and reckless homicide/manslaughter

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Not your attorney and not giving legal advice (just talking about the law generally) but I don’t think so. I glanced at the Wisconsin statute and it looks like at least here it would all be the same crime (and you could probably pick up a second charge for attempted assault on the person you were aiming for). I think the only time it would matter is if it was something where you killed the person and it was a question of 1st degree murder and reckless homicide/manslaughter
Have you ever listened to "Handel on the Law?" This made me think of him.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Thank you and I appreciate you researching actual legal code. Most of my research is conducted within urban dictionary.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006

Wow this should go viral of what Iowa football fans did. Honestly this is so bad I don't think people realize because were like frogs in slow to boil water, we have been so desensitized to how bad they are in a way. Anyone have national media contacts?

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I've been to a bunch of places to see ISU football and basketball games. Bowl games, KC for the hoops tournament, road games at K-State, OSU, WVU etc. And Iowa.

Almost every fan is hospitable and polite almost to a fault. There is gentle ribbing and the drunk people and/or frat boys can be annoying but it's nothing serious.

You get offered food and beer at all of these places. There were people in Morgantown even offering to host us for a post-game party with drinks and dinner at their house. Some of the best people in the world, enjoying the camaraderie and wanting to make sure you enjoy your time in their state, city, university's campus. (Of course they want to win the game more than that, but they know that treating you well doesn't affect the outcome.)

And there are some good Iowa fans like this too, no doubt.

But nowhere has anywhere close to as large of a minority of a**hole fans like Iowa City does. Not even close. And yes, I'm sure it would be different if I went to, say, a Purdue game in Boilermaker clothes instead of a Cy-Hawk. But so many of them are pure nastiness, rude, harassing, even assaulting with objects.

Even the ribbing (from the otherwise alright people) is much more direct and targeted. Which comes with the rivalry territory, I guess, but there is also a heavy coating of "We are always better than you and don't you forget it."

Iowa City is without a doubt the worst place to catch a game as a Cyclone fan. And it's encouraging that neutral observers are starting to talk more about this as well.
Funny you mention a Purdue game at Kinnick as if maybe hokroaches are well behaved in that game. I happened to be at the 2015 Purdue at Iowa game (Iowa won big) and Iowa fans were asshats to Purdue fans/cheerleaders. It had snowed the night before so there was a ton of wet heavy snow still in the stands. Their loser fans kept throwing snowballs at the team and cheerleaders to the point that the PA announcer had to tell people to stop (they didn't). A Purdue cheerleader got pelted in the face by a snowball. That hokroach fan not only wasn't kicked out but was celebrated by the others in the stands.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Funny you mention a Purdue game at Kinnick as if maybe hokroaches are well behaved in that game. I happened to be at the 2015 Purdue at Iowa game (Iowa won big) and Iowa fans were asshats to Purdue fans/cheerleaders. It had snowed the night before so there was a ton of wet heavy snow still in the stands. Their loser fans kept throwing snowballs at the team and cheerleaders to the point that the PA announcer had to tell people to stop (they didn't). Cheerleader got pelted in the face by a snowball yet that fan as celebrated by the others in the stand.
Illinois band members have reported getting beer thrown on them while walking into the stadium

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron