Sour Grapes

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
A conference that allows Brian Ferentz to be any teams’ payroll, has not earned the right to voice an opinion on the worth of their conference.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Iowa Twitter is on fire with the block out. Odd how hard they are going on this.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
They’ve got to do something to distract from their very serious problems with both football and basketball programs.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
This thread is pure gold. We play a style that's boring to watch. We only recruit thugs. They kicked our asss.

What a read. My eye brows still haven't fallen down from the ceiling. Lol

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Wow that was incredibly delusional by a lot of people in that thread. They fail to mention the numerous Big12 tournament championships or the success of players that have been drafted and in the NBA.

I do think that we got lucky that Prohms down years were during COVID and the Hawks good team had the tournament cancelled.
It's hard to say what Iowa would have done in the 2020 tournament had it been played...

not. See the 2021 tournament for reference.

• Haha
Reactions: cyputz

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I find my life to be so much more enjoyable when I just ignore them. Completely delusional fan base (much like Texas) that’s I’m perfectly happy to let wallow in mediocrity and beat off to DM Register clippings of basketball games in the 80s.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I grew up an Iowa fan and don't hate them like many here. I actually want them to be somewhat better for my family to enjoy, I mean 2 decades of Fran ball is way too much.

When you look at those 20 years...in a real way...they could have a lot more success and still not eclipse what ISU has done in the same time frame. Give Fran a few more NCAA wins and couple of sweet 16s and he is still lagging way behind ISU during his tenure.

A few of them know and in that thread it's really clear who knows the truth and who is deluding themselves. They act as if 3x more NCAA wins is meaningless. Do they really think ISU is as good as Kansas or Kentucky that have 3x more ncaa wins over the past dozen years? They really believe that?

Some of them really focus in on the one year Prohm got fired and act like it matters way more than the other 20-30 years around it. Others somehow look at our "bad stretch" as being longer than their Lick disaster. Lick and McD pretty much overlap and as bad as McD was, Lick was slightly worse. McD could never quite get there, but teams competed sometimes. Lick was horrifically bad. For the past ten years they also ignore that the Big 12 is just far and away the toughest conference. You can't just compare straight wins, it's why you have to look at post season results. Same way with SEC football.

You just need to convert your family unless they are grads. Then you can all chant F*ck Iowa together when watching games.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
What a read. My eye brows still haven't fallen down from the ceiling. Lol

Since they all seem to think it's dead even over 20 years by clipping out the Tinsley/Fizer era:

NCAA appearances:
Iowa: 8
ISU: 9 (ISU is already a lock this year)

NCAA Wins:
Iowa: 4
ISU: 10 (this is the one that makes it a total laugher, it's like saying ISU is as good as teams with 25 NCAA wins in that time frame, I'm guessing only blue bloods have that many.)

Sweet 16:
Iowa: 0
ISU: 3

Conf tourney Championships:
Iowa: 2
ISU: 4

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I would tend to guess most of the posters on the old HR site with the thread on the ISU Iowa comparison, that 95% of the posters wear adult diapers (too lazy to get up and go) and they have a combined three teeth amoung them.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It's hard to say what Iowa would have done in the 2020 tournament had it been played...

not. See the 2021 tournament for reference.

Out of curiosity I looked and they were still only ranked #25 when everything shut down and were 11-9 in their conference.

That program is a house of cards year to year.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth