Show

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
They talked about Iowa win over Nebraska for almost a week leading up to the Big 10 Championship game and why they had a chance against Michigan. For the whole week. Then on Monday... It was Sound off 2.0. It's Hawk talk daily. Unless they suck.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
How do any Iowa fans think Fran can hit ISU’s level at this point. It’s insane. They should expect obviously inferior results regardless of how many times ISU changes coaches and be thrilled he wins the head to head match up occasionally.

• Winner
Reactions: RezClone

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Go listen to the first segment on the Monday show after the Iowa State-Kansas State snow game. Travis straight up admitted he brought up the game so he could ***** about Cyclone fans and how some of them conducted themselves on social media that weekend, and Ross admitted he found himself straight up rooting for Kansas State and cheering against Iowa State because of the conduct by those fans.

Such a great, memorable game for Iowa State, and all the morning rush can do is ***** about some social media bad apple fans. Which. Every. Fan. Base. Has.

Fully understanding Ross and Travis are outspoken Hawkeye fans, I would never expect them to root for anything Iowa State. But, to straight up say they were cheering against the Cyclones (in a game that had nothing to do with the Hawkeyes) on a radio show where Iowa State is (should be) an often local topic of conversation? Why would any listener hear what they said and then take that show seriously when they try to discuss anything Iowa State related?

I turned it off and haven't turned KXNO back on for any local shows. (Still turn KXNO on to listen to Dan Patrick.)

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Go listen to the first segment on the Monday show after the Iowa State-Kansas State snow game. Travis straight up admitted he brought up the game so he could ***** about Cyclone fans and how some of them conducted themselves on social media that weekend, and Ross admitted he found himself straight up rooting for Kansas State and cheering against Iowa State because of the conduct by those fans.

Such a great, memorable game for Iowa State, and all the morning rush can do is ***** about some social media bad apple fans. Which. Every. Fan. Base. Has.

Fully understanding Ross and Travis are outspoken Hawkeye fans, I would never expect them to root for anything Iowa State. But, to straight up say they were cheering against the Cyclones (in a game that had nothing to do with the Hawkeyes) on a radio show where Iowa State is (should be) an often local topic of conversation? Why would any listener hear what they said and then take that show seriously when they try to discuss anything Iowa State related?

I turned it off and haven't turned KXNO back on for any local shows. (Still turn KXNO on to listen to Dan Patrick.)
I guess I am in the dark about what those ISU fans were talking about on Social Media. What was their beef?

Also, they found the behavior of Iowa fans throwing beer cans at the Minnesota game more acceptable?

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
How do any Iowa fans think Fran can hit ISU’s level at this point. It’s insane. They should expect obviously inferior results regardless of how many times ISU changes coaches and be thrilled he wins the head to head match up occasionally.
What would make me feel worse as an Iowa fan is:

1. Iowa’s soon to be all time wins leader has never made it to the second weekend in March.
2. That coach is under contract until 2028.

I think Fran is a good coach, specifically offensive X’s and O’s but he’s not a good recruiter and he doesn’t seem to care about defense. There’s a ceiling and they’ve hit it imo.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I guess I am in the dark about what those ISU fans were talking about on Social Media. What was their beef?

Also, they found the behavior of Iowa fans throwing beer cans at the Minnesota game more acceptable?
I'd have to go back and listen again to get specifics on what their beef was, but I do remember they said they didn't like some things Cyclone fans were posting on social media about the Iowa-Nebraska game the day before.

Carlisle Clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 2, 2019

But there are cyclone fans on here who will defend them and declare that part of the "schtick".

If the hawks had won last night im sure the phone lines would have been opened up to take calls on hawk fans most memorable wins in Hilton or something as equally head scratching.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

1. Iowa’s soon to be all time wins leader has never made it to the second weekend in March.

I think Fran is a good coach, specifically offensive X’s and O’s but he’s not a good recruiter and he doesn’t seem to care about defense. There’s a ceiling and they’ve hit it imo.

I don't think the Big Ten being just an average major conference in reality helps them
when they hit March either. Baylor hit them like a freight train that year and Baylor is just a normal Tuesday night for a Big 12 team. Their conference is presented and hyped as the greatest toughest thing ever but their teams haven't done much since 90s and early 00s. Fran's success looks better if you just put yourself in a bubble looking at where he finishes in Big Ten, believe that the Big Ten is actually as awesome as the media paints it to be and that he won a BTT.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Under topics they'll never cover.

Iowa fans boast about their greatest tradition in sports while Nebraska and Minnesota fans made up a trophy out of a broken chair. Now they compete with the other to see which fanbase can raise the most money for childhood cancer. How much money has that wave raised?

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
But there are cyclone fans on here who will defend them and declare that part of the "schtick".

If the hawks had won last night im sure the phone lines would have been opened up to take calls on hawk fans most memorable wins in Hilton or something as equally head scratching.
I got to believe Ross and the Fat Man believed Iowa State was going to lose to Kansas State anyway and when it turned out to be a very entertaining game with Iowa State winning it disappointed them so they came up with some dumb *ss excuse like that.

Reactions: exCYtable

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
It's nowhere near as bad as you guys make it out to be. They talked a lot about the game today. But seriously, why do you guys bother listening if you hate it so much? Is someone holding a gun to your head and making you listen. Between Iowa Everywhere and CF there is tons of ISU content to listen to. You don't need to listen to KXNO. Turn the dial. Listen to podcasts on bluetooth. CW released his instant reaction late last night. You also have Miller and Williams to listen to this morning. Listen to those to get your Cy-Hawk reaction fix. Hate watching/listening is something I'll never understand, but apparently there are a lot of people who are into it in this thread.

Reactions: DBQR4CY and Cyched

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
It's nowhere near as bad as you guys make it out to be. They talked a lot about the game today. But seriously, why do you guys bother listening if you hate it so much? Is someone holding a gun to your head and making you listen. Between Iowa Everywhere and CF there is tons of ISU content to listen to. You don't need to listen to KXNO. Turn the dial. Listen to podcasts on bluetooth. CW released his instant reaction late last night. You also have Miller and Williams to listen to this morning. Listen to those to get your Cy-Hawk reaction fix. Hate watching/listening is something I'll never understand, but apparently there are a lot of people who are into it in this thread.

I listened to the first hour after the fact and didn’t think it was as bad as what people are making it out to be. I expected Ross to be despondent about the Hawks.

The entire KXNO thread has turned into one giant complaint thread (I’ve admittedly partaken when they do say something nonsensical). But the angry persecution complex is tiring when you have real choices.

Reactions: DBQR4CY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Some people can't live without something to ***** about

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Iowa fans and media love to rave about Fran as an offensive coach but I honestly don't get it. I think more credit should go to some of the players who have absolutely carried his @ss. Fran owes a lot of his success to Garza, Weezy, Uhtoff, Jok, and the Murrays.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron