Show

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Should be funny listening to Trent Condon's take later this morning. :)

Trent is on for Heather today and him and Sean were just rippng on Iowa State/ TJ about the lack of minutes Omaha is getting. LOL They have Hines on 15 minutes later and start drilling him about it and he was just like yeah, I think Omaha has made it clear in those early season games that he's absolutely not ready to play this level of basketball. LOL neither of those two knew what to say in response.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
It's nowhere near as bad as you guys make it out to be. They talked a lot about the game today. But seriously, why do you guys bother listening if you hate it so much?
I don't listen to it, but I sometimes watch Sunday Soundoff. After Lipsey's triple double, the conversation was about LSU women's basketball. It would be nice to have some halfway intelligent local sports talk with some recognition of outstanding performances. Unfortunately, Hok fans are too stupid to do that, even the supposed professionals in the media. WHO used to have the both-team sound-off show after football games but it was too painful for the Hok fans to hear anything complimentary about Iowa State. They ran off the guy that wasn't all Hawkeye all the time. Such a waste. Hawks deserve every bad thing that ever happens to them.

Cy83ag

Mar 20, 2010
Earlham
But there are cyclone fans on here who will defend them and declare that part of the "schtick".

If the hawks had won last night im sure the phone lines would have been opened up to take calls on hawk fans most memorable wins in Hilton or something as equally head scratching.
That would be a short discussion.

• Funny
Reactions: clonehome

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
What would make me feel worse as an Iowa fan is:

1. Iowa’s soon to be all time wins leader has never made it to the second weekend in March.
2. That coach is under contract until 2028.

I think Fran is a good coach, specifically offensive X’s and O’s but he’s not a good recruiter and he doesn’t seem to care about defense. There’s a ceiling and they’ve hit it imo.
Only 28? Give that man a extension.

Carlisle Clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 2, 2019
It's nowhere near as bad as you guys make it out to be. They talked a lot about the game today. But seriously, why do you guys bother listening if you hate it so much? Is someone holding a gun to your head and making you listen. Between Iowa Everywhere and CF there is tons of ISU content to listen to. You don't need to listen to KXNO. Turn the dial. Listen to podcasts on bluetooth. CW released his instant reaction late last night. You also have Miller and Williams to listen to this morning. Listen to those to get your Cy-Hawk reaction fix. Hate watching/listening is something I'll never understand, but apparently there are a lot of people who are into it in this thread.
You know what this thread is going to be about when you continually open it up. Isnt that the same as the people who keep tuning into KXNO?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
You know what this thread is going to be about when you continually open it up. Isnt that the same as the people who keep tuning into KXNO?
I'm sorry, I missed the title of the thread being "KXNO B!tch Fest". However, point taken. I won't be commenting in this thread any more as long as no one else @s me.

• Informative
Reactions: Tailg8er

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Go listen to the first segment on the Monday show after the Iowa State-Kansas State snow game. Travis straight up admitted he brought up the game so he could ***** about Cyclone fans and how some of them conducted themselves on social media that weekend, and Ross admitted he found himself straight up rooting for Kansas State and cheering against Iowa State because of the conduct by those fans.

Such a great, memorable game for Iowa State, and all the morning rush can do is ***** about some social media bad apple fans. Which. Every. Fan. Base. Has.

Fully understanding Ross and Travis are outspoken Hawkeye fans, I would never expect them to root for anything Iowa State. But, to straight up say they were cheering against the Cyclones (in a game that had nothing to do with the Hawkeyes) on a radio show where Iowa State is (should be) an often local topic of conversation? Why would any listener hear what they said and then take that show seriously when they try to discuss anything Iowa State related?

I turned it off and haven't turned KXNO back on for any local shows. (Still turn KXNO on to listen to Dan Patrick.)
Going back to this one. If ANY local sports writer, reporter or commentary person say they were CHEERING for local team to lose they should be gone, fired on the spot

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Trent is on for Heather today and him and Sean were just rippng on Iowa State/ TJ about the lack of minutes Omaha is getting. LOL They have Hines on 15 minutes later and start drilling him about it and he was just like yeah, I think Omaha has made it clear in those early season games that he's absolutely not ready to play this level of basketball. LOL neither of those two knew what to say in response.
Even the biggest Cyclone and Omaha fans could tell you that he hasn't earned the minutes yet with his play so far. Anyone Cyclone fan or not can watch the games thus far and tell you he hasn't played at a level yet where he should be taking more minutes away from those playing ahead of him right now. TJ talked a little about it on the post game radio yesterday how Omaha's effort is there, he just needs to clean up the mistakes and not dwell on them. He used an example of how he can make a mistake and instead of getting back down the court he gets too hard on himself and dwells on it too much then it affects how he plays right after then.

One of these games the light is going to turn on and we are going to see the talent shine but right now we have to play the guys that are producing while trying to find ways to get Omaha some minutes where we can. In a close or competitive game they just aren't going to be many minutes to do that once we get into Big 12 play. I'm not sure why he didn't get some minutes at the end of the Iowa game but TJ left the starters out there till the end for some reason so it wasn't just him that didn't get minutes that game. Even yesterday when he was in he went 0-4 at the FT line before he made 5 straight.

You can see the difference between him and Milan right now, Milan is playing with the poise of an upper classman and Omaha just looks tense at times. I think TJ is going to handle him just fine, everyone wants Omaha to succeed here and is rooting for him but this is also a team game and you have to play the guys that give you the best chance to win games. As long as the effort and positive attitude is there he'll find a way to earn more minutes as he adjusts to this level of play.

Reactions: NWICY

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Doesn't do any good to send anything in either. Ignore email and twitter, and I can't dial in while I'm getting ready for work.

Nothing else on at that hour, so I just listen to what happened in Hawkeye nation. The Drive is 10X more balanced. Even with Justin who is the Ames rep for KASI now. Travis and Ross are proud of the Hokdom, and aren't going to change.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

dcypal

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
There is an old saying, there is no such thing as bad publicity. This also applies to sports radio. If you post about a show from a radio station, regardless if its good or bad, its good for the station and show. You are providing proof that people are listening. Don't like it don't post. Its as simple as that.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
God the morning show is bad when both Travis and Ross are there but just Ross is unbearable. The mocked the nba in-season tournament. If a hawk was doing what Haliburton is doing they would spend an hour on it.
I would be willing to put money on them talking less than 10 minutes before on air and their conversation goes like this:

Travis: What should we talk about today?
Ross: I literally have no idea, I'm not qualified for this position.
Travis: What about my trips to Italy? Have we talked about that this week?
Ross: What sports are happening now? Did Iowa even play last night?
Travis: What about farts?
Ross: Have you farted today? I farted 3 times....And we're live, welcome to....
Travis: *Farts*

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
The local media (and to a lesser extent our own fans) fretting about this are clueless. People need to stop watching Iowa throw their freshmen out there to learn on the job. If ISU played in the Big 10 or Mountain West they might be able to do that with Omaha. But Big 12 is a different level, and ISU has no such luxury.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Oh boy, if you didn't hear the first segment of the 7am hour today Derek from New Sharon really put his foot in his mouth. A big rant on Caitlin Clark that included some bad takes on women's sports followed by some humble pie when Ross calming broke down the rant and pointed out how Derek calls in and talks about ISU Women's basketball too. One thing Ross brought up was that Nolan Ryan flew in to watch her game yesterday which Derek sheepishly responds "well I just lost some respect for him." I just cringed listening to it as that's not how most Cyclone fans sound or think like.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
He came on the radio last year saying he'd cheer for Iowa over South Carolina because of (things related to Dawn Staley's appearance) and I still can't believe that wasn't the last call he'd make on KXNO. He called in defending White Nationalism in 2020 and he stuck around after that though too.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He came on the radio last year saying he'd cheer for Iowa over South Carolina because of (things related to Dawn Staley's appearance) and I still can't believe that wasn't the last call he'd make on KXNO. He called in defending White Nationalism in 2020 and he stuck around after that though too.
That's gross. They should stop taking his calls.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

I'm not sure he is a real person. He's got to be somebody playing the character of a drunk redneck in his early 60s.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneDaddy