Wendy's planning surge pricing on burgers

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We have Dairy Queen and Hardees as option in my rural town. We also have two privately owned bar a grill type places. One of those is cheaper than the fast food and one is ever so slightly more. The thing is, about 90% of the time I could call in an order rather than need it right on the spot. That's all not to mention they are handmade burgers and generally just better quality and I don't feel like total garbage after eating it.
If you have DQ or Hardee’s you’re barely rural. If you got both you are like the metropolis of that area.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
If you have DQ or Hardee’s you’re barely rural. If you got both you are like the metropolis of that area.
But a Pizza Ranch and a mexican restaurant run by a local hispanic family still qualifies as rural, right?

Reactions: nrg4isu

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
We have Dairy Queen and Hardees as option in my rural town. We also have two privately owned bar a grill type places. One of those is cheaper than the fast food and one is ever so slightly more. The thing is, about 90% of the time I could call in an order rather than need it right on the spot. That's all not to mention they are handmade burgers and generally just better quality and I don't feel like total garbage after eating it.
Yeah, we have a Mexican restaurant that will have it ready in 15 minutes and gives you enough food for $10 that would cost you $15-20 at a Mexican chain.

Reactions: NWICY

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Yeah, the "healthy is more expensive" line hasn't true for a bit now. Granted, it had been a couple years since I ate at McDonald's so I still believed it until a few months ago when in a pinch, I stopped for a 2 cheeseburger meal. It was over $11 for the "regular size" not even sure what that is, but it's not the giant size. I just said give me the rugular size.

It takes a little thought and planning, but I could easily make a healthy, tasty and filling lunch for at least half that price.

And that's why far too many people go eat fast food 6 times a week. We are lazy and dumb.

We try to do it only once a week, and generally somewhere not too terrible health wise. Luckily the gf likes to cook, and is good at it. But I think she is low-key trying to kill me with pasta and cheese...

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
But a Pizza Ranch and a mexican restaurant run by a local hispanic family still qualifies as rural, right?
Pizza ranch you are like the little big town. Mexican restaurant by a local Hispanic family does mean you to rural though. So you’re kind of a tweener.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
And that's why far too many people go eat fast food 6 times a week. We are lazy and dumb.

We try to do it only once a week, and generally somewhere not too terrible health wise. Luckily the gf likes to cook, and is good at it. But I think she is low-key trying to kill me with pasta and cheese...

Come on. Getting the Big Mac sauce on the quarter pounder is wise and thrifty

Not to mention delicious

• Funny
Reactions: CascadeClone

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Yeah, the "healthy is more expensive" line hasn't true for a bit now. Granted, it had been a couple years since I ate at McDonald's so I still believed it until a few months ago when in a pinch, I stopped for a 2 cheeseburger meal. It was over $11 for the "regular size" not even sure what that is, but it's not the giant size. I just said give me the rugular size.

It takes a little thought and planning, but I could easily make a healthy, tasty and filling lunch for at least half that price.
Mcd's is disgusting. But, it wasn't ever the same when the dollar menu no longer was the dollar menu. Really the only thing my wife and I get from Wendys is chicken nuggets for our son and salads for us. I'll occasionally get the asiago grilled chicken sandwich. But you mentioning the cost is crazy, but the last 2 years everything has been substantially more noticeable.

You can get prepared to go meals that from fresh fit or other places in that $8-$12 range that are filling. Otherwise, meal prep, or make crock pot meals that supply several lunches through the week. It's not that hard to eat relatively healthy and "indulge" every once in awhile. Of course your year to year costs have gone up in the grocery store due to inflation, whether healthy or not. But rice with a meat and some fruit/veggies isn't that pricey.

Reactions: Clonefan94

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
In Waukee and West Des Moines it seems to take 20 minutes to get through the car drive through process - even if you're car #1. Do I get charged on the time I got in line, get to the window, or get my cold food?
One in urbandale off 100th street is usually a solid one to go to.

Reactions: Jer

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Wendy's is putting a sizable amount of effort and money into being completely automated. Ordering at kiosk/APP, automating drive thru with AI technology and robots to cook your food. They have test pilot sites throughout the US with some of their technology, but they are trying for 100% automation at their Dublin, OH site.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Just who the hell is going to drive there to find out if they're going to have a decent price that day? Not me. Seems like self immolation.

"Wendy's is planning to charge different prices depending on the time of day - which means a Dave's Single could cost more at lunchtime than mid-afternoon. So-called dynamic pricing would boost traffic when restaurants are quiet and cool demand when they're busy. Such a system might mean that at busy times like breakfast, lunch and dinner, prices it advertises on a digital menu will be higher and at quieter times they will fall."
I only buy Steak and Shake Shakes on off hours. Maybe that isn't a thing anymore, but it was at one time. Keeps their drive through full all day. Balances things out. Smart if you ask me.

And No, the pull is still there, I just need to not eat a shake every time I go out of the house..... So, my wife tells me.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron